Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson…

Outrage: The Five Reasons Why O.J. Simpson Got Away With Murder

by Vincent Bugliosi

got in the mail. instead of it coming to my house it came in the mail where I work. my supervisor gave it me this evening when i went to town to get my check stub.
i am getting ready to read it
won from www.listia.com ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 7, 2016 |
i am getting ready to read it
won from www.listia.com ( )
  KimSalyers | Oct 2, 2016 |
I totally agree with the first review after I read the book it was amazing to me how different things could of been. Yes this story has been done to death. I really believe Simpson Murdered his going to be ex-wife and THIER life long friend.I do not know how someone can murder hisw mother to hius children. he loves his kids so much well he took that away from them and that is selfish. I LOVED THE BOOK ( )
1 vote joycedlee | Oct 7, 2010 |
For a case that was overly saturated in the media, and with an abnormal plethora of books written about it, to have one book stand above all the rest is quite a feat.

"Outrage" is not a rehashing of the crimes themselves, nor a step-by-step recounting of the criminal trial. It is master prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi's views on the five main reasons that Simpson got away with murder. And Mr. Bugliosi spares no one.

From his biting critique of the prosecutors' weak arguments to amazement at the defense's blatant race card tactic to disgust at the media-obsessed judge and disappointment at the weary jurors, Bugliosi pulls no punches in stating flat out that due to bungling all around, a murderer walks free among us.

Bugliosi is best known for being the prosecutor to put Charles Manson and several members of his "Family" behind bars and he is well equipped to write this scathing tome. Finishing the book, it is clear that the prosecutors would have done themselves a favor by hiring Bugliosi as a consultant.

If you're going to read a book about the Simpson criminal trial, choose this one . . . or at least read this one first. ( )
2 vote LoriHedgpeth | Sep 14, 2009 |
No one who reads this book will ever again believe that the most publicized acquittal in the history of American jurisprudence was solely the result of juror prejudice or the machinations of unscrupulous defense attorneys. The D.A. and the prosecutors have been called before the bar of justice.

This book is mis-catalogued. Its author is Vincent Bugliosi. Can someone combine it?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039304050X, Hardcover)

Here is the account of the O. J. Simpson case that no one dared to write, that no one else could write.

In this #1 New York Times bestseller, Vincent Bugliosi, the famed prosecutor of Charles Manson and best-selling author of Helter Skelter, goes to the heart of the trial that divided the country and made a mockery of justice. He lays out the mountains of evidence; rebuts the defense; offers a thrilling summation; condemns the monumental blunders of the judge, the “Dream Team,” and the media; and exposes, for the first time anywhere, the shocking incompetence of the prosecution.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:06 -0400)

But in the Simposon case there was a mountain of incriminating evidence pointing inevitably and absolutely to the defendant's guilt. What happened? What went wrong? Much of that evidence, including some of the most vital pieces was never presented to the jury by the prosecutors; there were disastrous lapses in the prosecution's strategy, which allowed damaging defense testimony to go unchallenged; prosecutors Clark and Darden failed to stand up to the abuses of Judge Ito, thereby hurting their credibillity with the jury; the final summations of the prosecution were weakly constructed, listlessly argue, and, most unforgivably, inadequately prepared.… (more)

W.W. Norton

2 editions of this book were published by W.W. Norton.

Editions: 039304050X, 0393330834

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,988,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible