A to Z Devotions for Writers by Pamela D.…

A to Z Devotions for Writers

by Pamela D. Williams

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byDawnMHamsher

No tags.

"A to Z Devotions for Writers" is a must have for Christian writers! It shares Scripture, personal stories, prayer, and writing prompts to encourage writers to WRITE! Whether you're a new writer or you've been writing for thirty years, the devotions will touch you and help you on your writing journey.

What I liked: The author's down-to-earth style. She uses relevant personal stories for each writing point and backs it with Scripture. Many devotions also include writing tips and questions that really make you think.

I love that writing prompts were included with the devotions! They encourage readers to take the lessons farther. Two of my favorites were write your testimony (T is for Testimony) and write out your writing goals (Y is for Yearn).

The Table of Contents was a nice addition to the book. I could quickly scan to see what each day's alphabet topic would be.

I found the opening "Gleaning the most from A to Z Devotions for Writers" to be very helpful. It focuses readers by telling them what to expect and gives recommendations for the best way to do the devotions.

What I didn't like: It is a little hard to read the back cover. I wish the font was bigger, especially for the paragraph about what the book is about.

I would love to see more devotions for Christian writers (there isn't that much out there). This is a fantastic book of encouragement. Maybe Ms. Williams will do a sequel someday (I can hope).

Disclaimer: I am a part of Pam William's writing group (1stwrites.blogspot.com) and I helped edit the book. I tried to make my review as unbiased and as honest as possible. Pam did not ask me to do this review. ( )
  DawnMHamsher | Jul 26, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,987,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible