Medical Billing Horror Stories by Sharon…

Medical Billing Horror Stories

by Sharon Hollander

312,001,085 (5)None

Medical Billing Horror Stories by Sharon Hollander turned out to be written for physicians instead of patients. I thought it would be full of stories like my own, being billed for the birth of my son and then five days later billed for second baby!

It was still very interesting reading. I had worked for my father who was a physician long ago before the start of Medicare. Some problems did concern the patient. Apparently there have been some companies already masquerading as affordable insurance for 2014. They put a picture of the White House or the American flag by the company's name.

There was information of little known facts about Medicare such as if you refuse Medicare Part A, you will not be able to collect Social Security benefits.

Many of the problems that involve physicians is either fraudulently trying to trick Medicare to pay more for their services or even making them up or accidently making mistakes on the codes. Picking the codes is extremely important to getting paid from Medicare. It was shocking for me to read of the physicians who actually tried to trick the government. Did they not think there would be lots of oversight?
I strongly recommend this book to all physicians. This book is very simply and is easy to understand.

I received this book from FirstReads as a win but my thoughts and feelings in this review are my own. ( )
  Carolee888 | Oct 5, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,059,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible