Even Kids Can Make Money by Gail Trahd

Even Kids Can Make Money

by Gail Trahd

841,035,133 (4.2)None

I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

I am frequently surrounded by kids...kids who have a lot of energy! What better way to expose that energy by working (in a kid-friendly way, of course). Gail Trahd does a great job in organizing the book in sections that appeal to people (i.e., arts and crafts, electronics, etc) as an easy way to sort through the book. At first, I was wondering what kind of jobs can kids have, besides babysitting, mowing lawns, and a lemonade stand. Gail did an excellent job pulling together all kinds of different jobs that kids can do. I'm not sure I'd give this to a 5 year old and have them do it, but this is really good for the late elementary school (i.e., arts and crafts) to high school (even college-age -- tutoring) aged kids.

One thing that was hard for me to get past; however, is the spelling and grammar throughout the book. Especially if I'm paying $3 for a book (or any amount), I'd want grammar and spelling to be excellent. It'd be pretty sad for a kid to read this book and think that the somewhat- poor spelling/grammar is okay for publication. ( )
  DrARD | Sep 9, 2013 |
I liked the Crafts and the Information Marketing sections. Having children do creative work or work that requires some degree of intellect is not only something that gives them the opportunity to learn new things and grow their creativity, but it is also something they can put on a resume later on.
The layout of the book is also great because it gives a kid an idea of how entrepreneurship works. ... Book Review: Even Kids Can Make Money By Gail Trahd » Katarina Nolte
http://katarinanolte.com/WordPressBlog/2013/08/book-review-even-kids-can-make-mo... ( )
  KatarinaNolte | Aug 31, 2013 |
This book is an easy read for starters to get into young entrepreneurial ventures. Gail starts out by explaining an outline of primary marketing and market plans and provides a little advice to our young friends to be sure that they are including their parents before starting out on their adventures.

A quick list of jobs in different categories show young readers what knowledge they should have before starting out, what they will need in regards to equipment and some possible overhead costs they might incur while doing that particular job.

Easily understood, this book can provide that first step young readers might need to get started making their money and expanding their entrepreneurial spirits with the "you can do it" attitude. ( )
  tlcoffee | Aug 26, 2013 |
Even Kids Can Make Money by Gail Trahd takes a basic look at how kids can raise money themselves. Most of the options listed in the book require at least start-up assistance from the parents. There is something for kids in every area of the country. Young people can start with these ideas and spin off into their own twists of these basic ideas. There were a couple of ideas which sparked the interest of my 10 year old. ( )
  Michen | Aug 15, 2013 |

Gail Trahd is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,322 books! | Top bar: Always visible