This Time Tomorrow by Rupert Colley

This Time Tomorrow

by Rupert Colley

195537,190 (3.33)None
ebook (1) Kindle (1) read (1) to-read (2) war (1)

Set in the early 20th century during WWI this story has the grit and horror of war juxtaposed with the story of two brothers that fall in love with the same woman. It was interesting to read how many young men were actually shot by the British army due to “desertion-cowardice” and for that reason alone this book holds merit. There was nothing that was new in this story but it was well written and entertaining and that is how I decided to give it a star value of three.

I received this book through a Library Thing giveaway. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 19, 2015 |
This Time Tomorrow was a decent historical book. I would have preferred more character development. The characters seemed flimsy without much depth, and I never connected with any of them.

***I received a free copy of this book, and in exchange, I have provided an honest review.*** ( )
  RachKC | Nov 8, 2014 |
This book was sent to me by www.librarything.com to review.

In this centenary year of the outbreak of World War 1, this made this book published in this year even more poignant.
This is a well written and well researched story of two brothers Guy and Jack and their different experiences of the horrors of war.
The story line is good and there are twists too, just when the reader thinks they know the story it takes a different angle.
This was extremely moving and I struggled to put the book down I wanted to know what happened.
Comparing this to Pat Barker's novel- Regeneration this was much more compelling.
A great author and it has been a real privilege to review this book. An author to look out for. ( )
  mexico24 | Sep 7, 2014 |
I had more trouble getting into it, so much that it just didn't hold my interest very long. ( )
  CarriePalmer | Aug 23, 2014 |
Great historical fiction from a non fiction writer! I enjoyed this book quite a bit, although at first I struggled to get into it. I'm glad I kept reading! ( )
  Tamara_Da_Hunt | Aug 21, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rupert Colley's book This Time Tomorrow was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rupert Colley is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,176 books! | Top bar: Always visible