Alan Lennox and the Temp Job of Doom (The…

Alan Lennox and the Temp Job of Doom (The Future Next Door Book 1)

by Brian Olsen

Alan Lennox and his flatmates find that they are all somehow related to the big multinational company, Amalgamated Synergy. And then temp workers start being murdered by low-level permanent employees. Can Alan and his friends survive?

This fast-paced comedy thriller is a good fun piece of fluff. ( )
  Robertgreaves | Oct 5, 2016 |
Not my usual read, and frankly it took a while for me to get into it. From page one, it intrigued me, but I was trying too hard to figure things out. When I decided to go along for the ride, I was hooked.

Alan is bored. The temp work gets that way fast for him and he has a habit of running out on the job. Things are different when he realizes that there's something weird going on. A series of coincidences pique his interest and suddenly he's reeled into the trap.

An addictive video game and a huge corporation have too many things in common for Alan and his roommates to ignore.

I recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun read with a bunch of raving lunatics. ( )
  Perrywilson | Aug 31, 2015 |
Temp workers suck. Everyone knows this. Every big company has a big mainframe computer which is perfectly aware at how much the temp workers suck. Because, all temp workers do is fuck around all day. They check facebook. They play stupid fucking video games, instead of actually doing any work.

This book is about one such mainframe computer which has had enough of its stupid goddamn temp workers. So it starts mind-controlling its long-term employees, making them kill off those useless fucking temps.

Sounds like an interesting premise, right? Well, not so much. See, most of this book is stupid bullshit temp worker horseshit. People fucking around, not doing any work, and just being boring little shits. And going to the fucking bar with their friends, chatting about how stupid and useless they are.

Sure, there are several murders, here and there. But, nobody really knows why. All they know, for the first 80% of this book, is that people at this huge corporation are going slightly insane. They're not themselves. We don't find out that they're mindless drones, controlled by the evil mainframe, until the last 20% of the book.

And then, like a fucking Scoobie-Doo episode, the evil mainframe finally reveals herself, through one of her trusted drones. She corners the fucking useless temp cunts in an office, and spews her whole goddamn evil plan. Along with the standard "And I would have gotten away with it too, if not for you useless fucking temp workers!"

It was actually an interesting story, in the end. But it wasn't a 312 page story. It was maybe worth 100 pages, at best. Because there's just too much bullshit filler, with stupid 20-something cunts partying it up and wasting everyone's fucking time. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,091,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible