Attack on Titan, Volume 9: Humanity's Worst…

Attack on Titan, Volume 9: Humanity's Worst Nightmare

by Hajime Isayama

There are titans in the walls! Literally inside the walls! AND THEY'RE WITHIN WALL ROSE!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!! And what is that monstrosity on the cover?! ( )
  Rhydion | Oct 31, 2017 |
This is the ninth volume in the Attack on Titan series. Wall Rose has been breached and our Corps are hard pressed to deal with this new and dire situation. Then a new abnormal Titan appears and something odd is found at one of the abandoned villages outside the wall. Many more mysteries are raised and none of the questions are answered.

This was a fast-paced volume in this series with lots of troop movement and lots of different characters introduced. Not a lot of progress is made in the story though. I enjoyed it but not as much as some of the previous books.

The illustration remains top-notch and easy to follow. I am eager to see the story move forward though.

Overall a good continuation of this series. I look forward to reading future books in this series. ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 16, 2016 |
This is a review for the first 14 volumes, because I read them all at once, in about three days. For the most part, each volume is like one chapter of this story, so it works.

I really do like Attack on Titan - I started with watching the Anime, and finding out Season 2 won't come until 2016 - I realized I need more story, there is just too much odd stuff with this series, and totally heartbreakingly scary. Death is not sugarcoated. And people here die in horrible ways, usually by getting eaten by a Titan. The story is tight - the graphics are top-notch. Highly recommended if you are looking for something that is different, but grabs you, emotionally.

The characters are well written, even the ones that are written as a comic relief (Sasha and her appetite for example). These are all emotionally developed characters, who grow from the begining of the series as fighting titans takes it toll (along with learning about corruptness of some humanity). These are not people who want to fight. These are people who do what it takes to survive and protect humanity.

I think I like the anime better, but it might be because the color and sound adds a lot to the horror that is a titan. The plot between the two versions are almost the same, except for vary minor changes. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jan 31, 2015 |
This volume consists of chapters 35-38. Again with the mind blowing twists. One after the other after the other. I’m gonna get whiplash from it all. But in a good way – way to hook the reader. There is still as much gore as usual. It’s pretty great artwork by this point so that makes the gore more real too. Great, heart wrenching, confusing story. Highly recommend if you think you can handle it. ( )
  Kassilem | Oct 10, 2014 |

Eren is still resting from his brutal fight with the female Titan, when word reaches the interior that the impossible has happened: Wall Rose itself has been breached, and Titans are pouring through the gap! The emergency casts new urgency over Armin and Hange's questions about how the walls were built, and what humanity can do to restore them...

"Eren is still resting from his brutal fight with the female Titan, when word reaches the interior that the impossible has happened: Wall Rose itself has been breached, and Titans are pouring through the gap! The emergency casts new urgency over Armin and Hange's questions about how the walls were built, and what humanity can do to restore them" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,243,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible