Attack on Titan, Volume 10: Fortress Of…

Attack on Titan, Volume 10: Fortress Of Blood

by Hajime Isayama

In this volume of Attack on Titan many secrets are revealed. We finally find out the identities of the Colossus Titan and the Armored Titan. We also get some incite into where these humans who can turn into Titans originate from.

There is again a lot of action in this volume, but I was pleased that the mystery behind the Titans was unraveled a bit more. I continue to enjoy the story and the illustration.

Overall this was a great installment in the Attack on Titan series. I would recommend to those who enjoy action packed manga with a post-apocalyptic feel to it and don’t mind lots of violence. ( )
  krau0098 | Oct 17, 2016 |
This is a review for the first 14 volumes, because I read them all at once, in about three days. For the most part, each volume is like one chapter of this story, so it works.

I really do like Attack on Titan - I started with watching the Anime, and finding out Season 2 won't come until 2016 - I realized I need more story, there is just too much odd stuff with this series, and totally heartbreakingly scary. Death is not sugarcoated. And people here die in horrible ways, usually by getting eaten by a Titan. The story is tight - the graphics are top-notch. Highly recommended if you are looking for something that is different, but grabs you, emotionally.

The characters are well written, even the ones that are written as a comic relief (Sasha and her appetite for example). These are all emotionally developed characters, who grow from the begining of the series as fighting titans takes it toll (along with learning about corruptness of some humanity). These are not people who want to fight. These are people who do what it takes to survive and protect humanity.

I think I like the anime better, but it might be because the color and sound adds a lot to the horror that is a titan. The plot between the two versions are almost the same, except for vary minor changes. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jan 31, 2015 |
This volume consists of chapters 39-42. Warning. This volume ends on a very big cliffhanger. Not that all the previous volumes didn’t, but this one is … well I know I use this word a lot when describing this series – shocking. I always feel like the series reaches a point that it can’t outdo, and then it goes and does just that. These surprises are becoming exponential. You really can’t be sure of anyone anymore. Anyone could be an enemy. But what exactly does that mean? I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough. I’m catching up to the manga quickly. I’m not sure what I’ll do when that happens, maybe cry. ( )
  Kassilem | Oct 10, 2014 |

With no combat gear and Wall Rose breached, the 104th scrambles to evacuate the villages in the Titans' path. On their way to the safety of Wall Sheena, they decide to spend the night in Utgard Castle. But their sanctuary becomes a slaughterhouse when they discover that, for some reason, these Titans attack at night!

"With no combat gear and Wall Rose breached, the 104th scrambles to evacuate the villages in the Titans' path. On their way to the safety of Wall Sheena, they decide to spend the night in Utgart Castle. But their sanctuary becomes a slaughterhouse when they discover that, for some reason, these Titans attack at night!" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible