When You're Ready by J.L. Berg

When You're Ready

by J. L. Berg

Series: Ready (1)

Review
I loved this book so much. I haven't read many books about widows finding love, and this one was perfect.

Clare was a great character. She tries to keep herself from having feelings for Logan, but finds that it's really hard. She feels like she's betraying her late husband's memory, and doesn't know how she'll manage new love with a child.

Born into wealth and privilege, free-spirited Liv Quinn left it all behind when she realized there was more to life than living off of trust funds and barely skating by. Since then, she’s worked and fought for everything she’s earned and never looked back at the world or the family she left behind.

Jackson Reid is starting over with a new job in a brand new city. A single father to his son Noah, he hopes the change will help strengthen the bond that has seemed to suffer since puberty reared its ugly head. What he hadn’t planned on was Liv—his exotic next-door neighbor who drives him insane with her wild, new age lifestyle, but still manages to leave him aching for more.

As challenges arise and feelings intensify, will these neighbors be able to look past their differences and find a middle ground? When love comes knocking, will they be ready, or not?

Add READY OR NOT to Goodreads here!

Preorder READY OR NOT on Amazon | iTunes | Kobo

Sign up for J.L. Berg’s newsletter here!

Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I fear I will give away too much of the story to write an honest review. This book had me in tears from laughing and crying. Definitely an emotional read, but oh so worth it!!! ( )
  lornajarkin | Sep 25, 2014 |
I adored this book! Just adored it!

Clare lost the love of her life and is left with a broken heart and a baby to raise. Clare knows that she will never find a love like that again and settles into raising her daughter and resigns that she will be alone forever.

Logan thinks that he will never love. He spends his nights having one night stands, never getting attached and never opening his heart. That is until Clare shows up one night with her sick little girl in his ER. He feels a pull towards her he has never felt before. Clare feels it too, and they begin a dance of will we/won't we, can we/should we.

What I really loved about this book was that there wasn't manufactured drama. It was a real relationship. It wasn't without bumps, but it also wasn't insta-love. It was a sweet love story.

Logan was just...*sigh*. The way he fell in love with Maddie. The way he respected and embraced the memory of Clare's husband. The way he was so determined to make it right and make it forever. It was just...*sigh*

There are some heart wrenching moments. I had a gasp moment and was pretty pissed for a bit, but I got over it :)

Here's where I tell you if you should read the book or not. Yep, you should. Absolutely. It's a great story, the characters are wonderful and it isn't a cliff hanger! Go get it. Get it now!
  Kate.Good | Jul 3, 2014 |
This story is raw, it is full of emotion. It will grip you right from the beginning and not let you go until the end.

Clare has been left a single mother and is barely surviving.. Her husband suddenly passed away from Cancer and she is left alone to raise their infant daughter.She has not dealt with the death of her husband yet either. She has a Letter marked " When you're ready" and it is still unsealed and she cannot bear the thought of opening it.

She moves through the motions daily in her life with her daughter,and work. That is until Logan enter's her life. Logan is brought into the picture when she takes her daughter to the hospital, he is the doctor on call.

Logan has his own secrets although he is a doctor he is the estranged son of a multi billionaire, who is better known for his womanizing than his skills in the ER!

when these two meet in the Er they both feel an instant connection, and Maddie is the one who brings them together.

Everything is not easy for these two and we get heartache, laughs, and mending of hearts as well. Clare's Family and friends play a big roll in this story and they are what helps these two along the way.

"I have so many things I want to say to you, so many words to write. But how do you fit a lifetime into a letter?"

This book made me laugh, it made me cry, it made my heart break, and it made my heart heal again. It is definitely a must read about second chance love and what happens when you find it.

"I love you." I told her without hesitation, saying the words I've been holding inside of me for far too long. "I've loved you Clare, every minute of everyday, since the very first day."

Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
Hold on to your hearts and bring out the tissues! Yes, I really mean it.

As our book begins, Clare's husband Ethan is writing a letter to her to be opened "when she is ready". He is dying and wants to make sure his last words to her will help her rebuild her life after he is gone. Of that does not set the mood for you... please note that he is leaving behind his wife that adores him and his little girl, Madie, who is barely two years old.

Three years later, Clare is back at the same hospital in the ER. Madie is sick with a possible concussion and Clare is freakin' out. She is afraid to lose Madie, feels the guilt that Madie hurt herself and she did not realize how bad it was until a couple of hours after Madie fell. To top it off, she keeps having flashbacks to when Ethan was dying at this hospital.

And then her whole world is flipped over backwards when she meets the doctor in charge in the ER... Logan Matthews. Cupid must have been hiding in the ER somewhere because Logan, Clare and Madie end up feeling the incredible pull to each other. Beyond a doubt, they all feel they should be bound together and the trust and love should begin.

I enjoyed reading this story. It is not all peaches and cream after they meet, but it is a story of a courtship. The courtship a man conducts to seduce his future partner as well as the courtship for the love of a child without a father who opens up this very unusual and kind man.

Put your DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door and enjoy this story like I did.

Gloria.Herrera | Mar 26, 2014 |

Years after suffering the tragic loss of her husband, Ethan, which left her alone to raise their young daughter, Clare Murray still holds the last letter he wrote with the words "When You're Ready" written in his familiar messy handwriting, unable to break its weathered seal. Ready for what? He was her entire world, and Clare had accepted a life without him, without love. Until years later, fate brings her to an emergency room, and face to face with a stormy-eyed doctor intent on changing her mind.Son of a billionaire, Logan Matthews has spent his life trying to make his absentee father proud. Without a family to depend on, all he's ever wanted is a place to call home. After a failed marriage, Logan believes he's unworthy of love...until he meets a woman who awakens his spirit and transforms his entire life in an instant. But how far are Clare and Logan willing to go for love? Can his love mend the pieces of her grieving heart?When their love is tested, is Clare ready to put her whole heart on the line again? Can Logan learn the true meaning of love, even if it means sacrificing his own happiness? When a second chance at love is given, Clare and Logan learn you are never truly ready until you're ready to risk it all.The first novel in the Ready series. Each novel can be read as a standalone. .… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible