She Looks Pale

by Kate Rigby

322,001,085 (4.5)None
Recently added bySheriAWilkinson, amyshan, KateRigby

She Looks Pale by Kate Rigby

Hannah nearly dies of Meningitis at the age of six. This causes her parents to become extremely over-protective. Soon they take her out of school, and isolate her from the world.

A well written story of one young girls "personal hell". Hannah is very likable, I could not help but falling in love with her and wanting her to lead a normal life. Her Mother, Father and Aunt get way out of control with over protecting her. Yong Hannah wants nothing more than a normal life, to go to school, have friends and be happy.

A very original story, that grabs you by the heart and won't let go. I strongly recommend She Looks Pale to all. The cover is captivating, it captures Hannah's innocence and yearnings for normalcy. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |

4 Stars

Interesting read that I couldn't pull myself away from

This is the second story of Rigby's that I have read and I found it just as appealing as the first. Hannah is a child, who suffers from Meningitis, however, that is the not most cruel affliction thrust upon her. Her parents, so fearful of this child dying, that they end up holding her prisoner in her own home, taking away all forms of communication or anything that may contain "germs". I felt disconnected from the parents because of the severe overprotectiveness and very empathic for Hannah. This not only shows the ritual of levitation, but also shows the audience how quickly Hannah fades. Interesting read that I couldn't pull myself away from. ( )
  amyshan | Dec 20, 2014 |

Kate Rigby is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,547,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible