Mid Life Love by Whitney G.

Mid Life Love

by Whitney G.

So...I was on my way to selecting an older woman/younger man book because I was in a mood and my Kindle looks like my TBR mountain...stuffed to the gills. So I come across this book and I figured, what the hell? Not what I planned on reading but a detour doesn't hurt.

Hmm.

Okay...WTF?

I knew when the heroine mentioned inner goddess", I should have just went to find the original book I was seeking. But no, apparently I am a glutton for punishment. Claire is a bubblehead who acted like half her age. In fact she could have been a stand in for her sixteen year old twin daughters. *purses lips* Oh the unnecessary games this bubblehead plays...

And Johnathan...the "hero" (I use the term in the loosest sense possible) he's an ass. He stalks, bullies and fucks boringly. And is possessive (which I love in my heroes but my problem is I've read better) I think he might have a mental disorder...deficit...something is not all there. He tries too hard to be an alpha hero. Well son, you don't get an invite to the big boys table from me. His tantrums always resulted in sex (mediocre mind you) and showing off how much money he had. I don't care about Maseratis/Bugattis/Ducati or Illuminati. If you talk a good game, are confident and not an asshole for most of time, I can stomach you.

But this guy was a piece of fucking work. Repulsive for a lot of the book, sometimes slightly erotic. But hands down neurotic.

And this story is nothing more than thinly veiled New Adult...because I will need to see Claire's birth certificate to make sure she's not a teenager.

Both he and Claire are asses. I think they deserve each other. I'm not even quoting the nonsense that was their...love(?)

The writing was...well it was a story with a beginning, middle and end. The transitions were bad. I got confused so much while reading because it jumped into different scenes. I don't loathe this...just can't believe I read so far. I'm teetering rating between 1-2 stars so I'll go with the higher of the two. It's not the worst I've read.

#whydidIdothis

#Ismellbullshit

#WTF

#weakassherowhothinkshisdickcuresproblems

#bubbleheadheroinebethefuckaware

#IshouldhavehadaV8instead"
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
Claire is almost forty and Jonathan is younger-a lot younger. She is divorced because her former best friend was pregnant with her now former husband's baby. She is raising her twin teenage daughters. Jonathan became a billionaire in spite of an appalling childhood. He is single and gorgeous. What can these two people possibly have in common? Mid Life Love is the funny, entertaining and steamy story of what happens when this perhaps unlikely couple enter into a relationship. One is sure the other is the right person and the other is sure the relationship won't last. The book is filled with great dialogue, surprises and packed with emotion. Highly recommended. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Jun 22, 2015 |
3.5 stars! Wish Claire wasn't so difficult and insecure. Liked Jonathan and Claire together. Wanted Claire's daughters to not be so bratty. Wanted more from the ending. Otherwise a good read. ( )
  sharonhd | Mar 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Whitney G.'s book Mid Life Love was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,995,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible