Bugs in My Hair! by David Shannon

Bugs in My Hair!

by David Shannon

A very humorous book about a young boy getting lice. I've never personally had to deal with lice, but I heard it's very painful and itchy. This book will help students not feel as embarrassed when dealing with lice. The illustrations really add to the humor of this book. It also serves as an informational book on lice. ( )
  tmahlie | May 2, 2018 |
Bugs in my Hair is all about getting terrible head lice in your younger days. If you to go to school, or have play date’s with friends, chances are you may have had lice at some point in your life. David does a great job by making these bugs have a sense of humor behind their nastiness. This book is filled with big illustrations that tie into the words on the page. I also liked how David included side notes at the corner of some pages. For example when it said, “ *Louse is where the word “lousy” comes from.” I thought that it was neat to have included that at the bottom as a side note to what was actually being said. This book will definitely make you feel itchy after reading! ( )
  HalieL | Mar 12, 2018 |
I greatly enjoyed this realistic book. As a kid, I attended childcare centers, so my sister and I dealt with lice often. It is nice to have a story that can help children understand a cope with the situation they are dealing with. This book takes a comical stance on explaining the situation of having bugs feasting on your head. I suggest that every parent who finds lice in their child's hair reads this story to their child.
David Shannon seems to like humor, and I see this reoccurring comedy in all of his stories I've read. ( )
  syd_neylol | Feb 20, 2018 |
Genre: Fantasy
Age: Early-middle elementary
Review: A book about the "horrors" a child goes through when he it turns out he has lice. The book is fantasy because the lice are depicted doing many different human activities. ( )
  jessminson | Dec 9, 2017 |
A story about a boy who has lice in his hair. He explains what they are and how they just took over his life. He explains how to get rid of them also, but you have to be careful because they can come back. David Shannon is the author and illustrator. He uses his illustrations to show imagery and metaphors from the text. ( )
  mcsuane | Oct 19, 2017 |

Is something bugging you? Bestselling award-winner David Shannon shows the funny side of waging war against--oh no!--head lice.

This book is guaranteed to make you laugh--and itch! From the opening picture of a happy, oversized louse appearing with his suitcases, you know these bugs are determined to stay, and Mom is about to go nuts!

Nobody talks about them, but they are everywhere. (Some estimate 20 million children a year host them.) Oh the shame and humiliation of having bugs in your hair! But if you go to school, or have play dates, chances are good you might meet them someday. Maybe you already have! Lucky for you, the unwelcome bugs in this story are so funny you will be laughing aloud--even when Mom attacks them with battle-tested anti-lice weapons.

Shannon peppers his hilarious scenes with fun, "nitpicking" facts about these "lousy" critters and pokes fun at common denial: "It's probably ash from that volcano in Pogo Pogo."

Soon the party's over--Bye bye, Little Nasties! Once again Shannon has created a fresh, highly entertaining read-aloud classic that begs to be read again and again.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:22 -0400)

A horrified boy discovers he has head lice and tries some wild remedies to get rid of them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible