Won't Last Long by Heidi Joy Tretheway

Won't Last Long

by Heidi Joy Tretheway

Won't Last Long Review (5 stars)

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a fun story about the difference in love between not yet matured adults, and grown up real world adults. I enjoyed seeing that while the love two people have when young may be important, the older we get, the better we love...often a lot less selfishly.

The story is about 2 people who in no way have anything in common that end up dating and finding love. Their story is sweet and tells how wonderful it really is to find someone that accepts you for all your flaws and mistakes. Someone you can be real with and that relationship's are also supposed to be fun.

I loved this story! I thoroughly enjoyed the batter between Josh and Melina, there is something refreshing with reading a story about 2 people that stay completely who they are with the one the love. Not to say that Josh and Melina didn't have bumps along the road, but they did well to get through each one and came out with a lifetime relationship.

I also loved how they developed a new type of family along the way. I am very familiar with finding family outside the normal fashion. My best friends are the Aunt's and Uncle's to my kids, and I have many mom's that have taken me under their wings. I love that this story shows there is a completely different concept to the term "family".

Heidi did an amazing job on this story and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next! ( )
  Terry_Mitchell | Feb 20, 2015 |
Opposites attract ... but will it last?

Melina is a career-oriented and driven marketing executive.

Josh is a laid-back down-to-earth engineer.

Melina and Josh meet at a party and there is an instant attraction. They start to date and slowly build a relationship much to the amazement of their friends, who don't think their relationship will last because they are complete opposites. Theirs is a love story about two very different people who realize what they have, and work together at making their relationship a permanent one.

In Won't Last Long, author Heidi Joy Tretheway weaves an enjoyable and realistic love story written in the third person narrative that alternates between the perspectives of Melina and Josh, who travel down love's path discovering, molding, and building a relationship that will last.

This is a slow building storyline, but like fine wine, it takes time to connect with the characters to appreciate the beauty behind their love story. I loved that the author had Melina and Josh take their time to slowly build their relationship, to me that was realistic, believable and easy to relate to. While theirs is a love story meant to last, they had their fair share of trials and tribulations and emotional baggage to overcome. I really enjoyed watching as they grew into a couple that defied the predictions of their friends and family.

It was fun to watch Josh and Melina's very different personalities mesh together, I really enjoyed their sassy banter. While they each stayed true to themselves, they also learned to accept each other's flaws and idiosyncrasies, and did not let it tear them apart. I think that the author did a nice job of mixing humor, drama and romance into the storyline, it was a lighthearted and easy read.

Won't Last Long is so much more than just your typical romance story. It is a realistic story about two people who embraces their relationship, and work together through its ups and downs to appreciate the love that they have built.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/11/wont-last-long-by-heidi-joy-tr... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Nov 22, 2013 |
3.5 stars

Melina is a career-oriented businesswoman who is all about her image. Joshua is a down-to-earth, likeable guy. What could attract these two to each other?

This was actually a pretty simple story, but I liked it. I have to admit that I never did like Melina much, but I loved Joshua. Melina did grow as the story went on, though. I also really liked Melina's landlord, Momo. It was quick to read and enjoyable. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jul 30, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible