Elektra Lives Again by Frank Miller

Elektra Lives Again (1990)

by Frank Miller

Series: Elektra (2)

203586,966 (3.6)2

I gave this book an extra star because of the artwork. While drawing style is not my favorite (everything just feels a little bit too squared off for me), the colors are just phenomenal. You can really see how much effort was put into them and they bring life to drawings that to me feel kind of flat.

Elektra is a character I really want to like, but when I read the books I always feel disappointed for one reason or another. A big part of that with this book is that it's really more Matt Murdock's story then Elektra's. It hints at what is to come and really focuses on Matt trying to deal with her death and his fears regarding her possible resurrection. This is an okay story, but it's more that it's a story that has been told a million times with a million different characters. It's the artwork that really makes this book a standout. ( )

Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Even on an off day, Frank Miller's Elektra stands head and shoulders above any other writer's interpretation. Although I'd like to buy him a drink and ask, "Frank. Dude. What's up with the nun thing?" ( )
1 vote lizbee | Jan 12, 2006 |

Macchio, RalphEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Milgrom, AllenEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Novak, JimLetterssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Varley, LynnColoristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,622,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible