First You Plz by Nisha B. Thakur

by Nisha B. Thakur

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added byShreeJan

No tags.

First thanks to Nidhi for contacting me through Good Reads and mailing me a sample. I Loved the same and she sent me the whole book.

May month turned out to be pretty hectic! Thanks to work & some serious read ( My last read : http://abibliophilesscroll.blogspot.in/2013/05/x0-to-power-of-zero-by-sherrie-cr... )

I badly wanted to read a simple, not so complex small feel good type of book. And this Book was just that! A nice break from the usual pulsating novels I normally read.

The book is basically a short story about an immature post grad student's innocent love told in a simple manner. No complex character sketches. No complex description of the settings or characters or no unnecessary characters. Just a simple humble book which makes you realize small things of life.Small things of life like the fluttering feeling when the person whom you have a huge crush looks at you, the jealous feeling when the crush talks to a person whom you hate and so on.

The story revolves around Avanti and her first love Aakash. Avanti has two friends Meenakshi & Rachna who stick with her thin & thick.

Avanti falls for Aakash and pursues him. Whether he falls for her or not is the story!

Avanti is portrayed as rather immature person. But reality bites. Many Girls are just like her. Its an overdrive of emotions when a girl is ignored by the man she loves or when he doesn't reciprocate her feelings (Not my experience! I have a quite a number of gal pals who are just like Avanti!) That's exactly what happens with Avanti.

The writer emphasizes on small things that matter most. Small things which are pointers or signs that a person is in love. Small things which we all once enjoyed in some point of our life. That's what I like most about this book.

Though the book is nice to read, the writer could have described characters a bit more. Parts of the story lagged behind slightly. The writer could have been a bit more cohesive. But for a first timer its an attempt to be applauded.

Overall I'd give the book a 3.5 out of 5!

ShreeJan | Jul 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,288,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible