Did I Say That Out Loud?: Conversations…

Did I Say That Out Loud?: Conversations About Life

by Kelly McDermott Harman

641,268,033 (5)None

As soon as you start to read this book you are taken into a world of smiles and laughter. For me this started with the very first story of the 'dreaded hair wax' situation, I seriously laughed out loud with the images created, just the very thought of it. Other favourites include reading about the author's entrepreneurial brother Dan, tips on how to annoy hubbie while watching football and the coupon queen of shopping at Walmart, which when you read it, it is something I think most of us would have liked to do but wouldn't have dared!

The enjoyment continues as the author writes about her everyday life and family situations and some not 'everyday' in a fun, light and honest way, she has a knack of telling the tale with fondness in such a witty way, the odd naughty word is used but is easily diluted in the humour.

The short stories, split into different categories of family and life, are easily read and will have you hooked as you cannot help yourself but want to read more from the author's world. I read the book in two nights but my advice would be to read a couple of the stories a night to keep this treasure of a book for longer. This is a great book to be shared around the family and a reminder of what really matters in life.

With so much pressure in everyday life this is a perfect escape and a great way to have a good chuckle. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Sep 27, 2013 |
This is a book that you can pick up and and be smiling in no time! Kelly has a way at looking at life,that just draws you in from the first page. I was so involved in the book,that I ended up finishing it in one sitting. It was that good,that I wanted to read more.Some of the stories I can relate too~and some just had me laughing until I had tears in my eyes. If you are having a bad day,this is the pick me up you need. No matter who you are~before you know it you will be laughing out loud at what Kelly said out loud! She has many good points and I have to agree with her on many levels as she has the guts to say the things that most of only think! ( )
  Deb55106 | Sep 15, 2013 |
Disclosure: I received an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are completely my own.

Looking for a fun, quick, afternoon read that will have you on the floor laughing? This is it.
Did I Say That Out Loud by Kelly McDermott Harman had me crying, not because it was sad, but because it was hilarious. I started hyperventilating at one point because it was so funny. Once you read the story about the lobsters, you'll understand.

This book is a collection of short "stories" about her life with family, friends, and a good-looking doctor. Read about her trip to the vet with her cat, conversations with her husband (priceless), and a concussion or two. This quick read will keep you entertained, laughing, snorting, and realizing that your life may be a little less chaotic than Kelly's.

Did I Say That Out Loud is funny, but it is also heartwarming to see her relationships with her family and friends. You follow Kelly through some serious situations, intertwined with moments that physically make you laugh out loud. It had me thinking, she did NOT really just say that!

Oh, and be careful not to drink anything while you're reading or you may choke when it goes down the wrong way. You never know what Kelly is going to say next. This is definitely a must-read book that you don't want to miss. ( )
  RecRomance | Sep 15, 2013 |
This book literally had me laughing out loud at moments. It was an easy, light read. I’ve kept it in my purse to pull out when I needed a pick-me-up or while waiting for appointments or meetings.

The author provides a humorous outlook on all things life – marriage, children, grandchildren, work, travel, the list could go on. Everyone will find something to relate to and get a nice chuckle from within these pages.

It’s a great reminder that laughter truly is the best medicine – finding humor in our daily lives is easy to do. Recognizing and embracing those moments is the key – and will probably keep most of us from going absolutely batty. ( )
  mrsgee0814 | Sep 10, 2013 |

We've all had it - the "uh-oh" of wishing we could take back the comment that somehow escaped the filter between our brains and our mouths. Did I Say That Out Loud? is the tell-all account of the author's misadventures in the daily experience that is life. Told in the tone of a coffee-klatch gathering with your best girlfriends - you know, the ones you can share anything and everything with - the author holds nothing back as she recounts the trials and tribulations of life as Kelly Harman. Thinking of braving Botox or plastic surgery? Get the real scoop from Kelly, including pre-procedure husband prep. Need help when your cat catches on fire? Ask Kelly how to extinguish the flames without spilling your wine. Survival tips for when a tipsy 300 pound man falls on you? Ask Kelly, who lived to tell the tale. Kelly captures those "you can't make this stuff up" dramas and takes them one step further. She shows us that by reveling in the inevitable mess of the moments we wish we could take back, we may discover that sharing our stories is in fact healing, unifying, and often outrageously funny. Bad for the laugh lines but good for the abs, some of these stories will hit close to home, others will stray far, far from your average woman on the street. But all are unified by the inimitable candor and hilarity that her friends agree is uniquely Kelly. Read 'em and weep.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:51 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible