Knowing the Score by Kat Latham

Knowing the Score

by Kat Latham

I really enjoyed "Knowing the Score" by Kat Latham. This was my first book of Kat Latham and I was excited to read the first book in the series after reading glowing reviews on a book blog I subscribe to.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the book. I don't know much about the sport of Ruby, so I wasn't sure if that aspect would distract me. A few chapters in, I was fully engaged with the characters and found myself following along more than I thought I would.
Looking forward to continuing on with the series and getting to know more of the characters along the way.
If you are fan of sports romance, you will enjoy this story.
Happy Reading....enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
Awesome read! Terrific writing with an incredible group of characters. Not knowing much about rugby, I found this part very interesting but the real story is that of Caitlyn, American crisis worker currently living in London, and Spencer, very hot rugby player currently at the top of his game. The two are a very unlikely pair but the pull is significant and undeniable. This is most assuredly a book I would recommend to everyone and I can't wait to read more in this series. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
This was a cute book with a great voice full of humor and heat. However, it was also full of tropes. Lots and lots of tropes, and unfortunately not a single one I like.

1. THE VIRGIN
If you like your heroines pure as the freshly fallen snow, then you'll be fine here. While I really did love the heroine in this, reading about virgins just rubs me the wrong way. No pun intended. Also, virgin sex? There's no orgasms here. Let's be real.

2. THE BIG BAD SECRET
I am just not a fan of the whole you-could-figure-this-drama-out-with-a-simple-conversation conflict. It bugs me. And it really bugs me when adults aren't adults and don't talk about shit.

3. THE ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCY
Now, I'll admit, I've read a couple books with this trope that I actually enjoyed. But every single one of them have been at the beginning of the book, thus the push in getting the couple together. I'm just not a fan when it happens in the middle of a book.

Minus the tropes, this was a great read. Like I said before, the author has a fresh voice. I'll definitely be checking out her next book. I just hope they're free from the overdone plot devices. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
4.5 stars
I have the feeling I've waited ages for this book to come out! And it did not disappoint. When I first read on the author's blog about her book when it wasn't even sold yet I knew I wanted to read it. It's unusual in the way that it is set in London and has a Rugby player as a hero. And Rugby players make fine hero material! :) ( )
  ClaudiaGC | Sep 21, 2013 |
The story is set in England and starts off with Caitlyn coming to Spencer's grandfather's rescue after he collapses on the street from a heart attack. Caitlyn goes to check on the grandfather in the hospital (who insists on having her over for dinner with him and his grandson, Spencer, after he is released.)

Caitlyn is very reserved about men and Spencer is very disciplined about being involved with women during his rugby season. However knowing they both only with be together short time due to circumstance, they decide to have a "fling" while they can. But they grow closer than they both ever expect too.

This book was just ok for me. I thought the story was interesting enough but not the time I could walk away from if I needed to. The characters were likeable, chemistry was there. (Even had a little humor to it.) Overall, good, light romance read if that's what you are looking for.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review for NetGalley. ( )
  Books007 | Sep 3, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,143,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible