You Back the Attack, We'll Bomb Who We Want…

You Back the Attack, We'll Bomb Who We Want

by Micah Ian Wright

2000s (1) anti-war (1) art (10) Bombay (1) Comix (1) design (2) George Bush (1) graphic design (1) graphics (1) Howard Zinn (1) humor (8) illustrations (1) Iraq (2) Kurt Vonnegut (1) May 2007 (1) media (2) non-fiction (1) oil (1) out (1) parody (1) pb (1) politics (12) posters (2) propaganda (9) satire (8) Tag This (1) US Politics (1) USA (2) war (5) Zinn (1)

The idea behind this book was solid. Micah took various propaganda posters from various countries and wars (most of them were American circa WWII) and updated them to be relevant to Iraq and Afghanistan. He threw in various articles and commentaries on the wars and the general state of unrest in this country.

I was impressed, initially. A few of the updated posters were somewhat amusing, thought none of them were funny. Most of them, however, were just stupid and over the top. I will never understand the need for Anti-Bush people to exaggerate what a douche he was. There's plenty of fact based arguments to make without comparing him to Hitler or making 'jokes' about his sexual prowess. All this shit does is make the left look crazy and close the mind of those who might have considered what he had to say.

Except, of course, it turns out that he doesn't have much to say except that war = bad and peace = good.

The articles were not only repetitive but many of them were downright insulting and condescending to the reader. I felt like I was being lectured and talked down to, when quite frankly, if this book is any indication, I'm much more well informed than Mr. Wright is.

The idea behind this book was good which makes me even more disappointed in how poorly it was executed. ( )
  agnesmack | Sep 25, 2011 |
The author creates new posters for the current war from old posters from previous wars, particularly WWII. Amusing and droll. The author does us the favor of providing the original posters in the back of the book to compare with his altered version. ( )
  quantum_flapdoodle | Apr 26, 2011 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible