My Weird School Special: It's…

My Weird School Special: It's Halloween, I'm Turning Green!

by Dan Gutman

This book was part of the flashback series I am continuing but, its a different one! A.J. is excited it is Halloween, and the best part is...... CANDY! He is very excited for this candy, and Halloween, but is not excited with what happens next. With the help of his "gang" he gets the candy he wants, and lives happily ever after- just kidding! Go read the book to find out more on this book! I have two more left in this flashback series! ( )
  christopher.kyle1706 | Dec 8, 2016 |
It's Halloween and that means happy trick or treating! Nothing can go wrong right? Just a fun old holiday. All until a creepy Halloween monster shows up! Will A.J. let this freaky fiend take his treats? Read this book to find out!
In my opinion this book is super hilarious! I also think the illustrations pair perfectly with the writing. The only reason I didn't give this book a five star review is the fact that it does not have an incretabaly satisfying ending. ( )
  ElsaM4 | May 3, 2015 |
Halloween is probably one of the top two holidays for kids. What's not to love about getting dressed up and getting candy--lots and lots of candy.

Well the kids at Weird School are not exception. A.J. can't wait till he can stuff himself full of candy. A.J. and his friends gather to go trick-or-treating, and they're serious. With a very-calculated plan for getting the most candy. However there are some things they have to be on the lookout for. Like the Halloween Monster that terrorizes the neighborhood. But A.J. and his friends are not scared at all! However of course something weird is going to happen. What else would you expect?

This is a cute and entertaining book for middle grade readers. In fact, they'd probably enjoy the whole series. Gutman is a whiz about sneaking in interesting facts and expanding vocabulary words in the story without the kids realizing they're learning something new. This book especially fits this time of year. As a bonus, there are a bunch of extra games, quizzes, and puzzles at the end of the book. Fun to be had all around!
Read more at http://www.2readornot2read.com/2013/10/review-its-halloween-im-turning-green.htm... ( )
  mt256 | Oct 30, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062206796, Paperback)

In this Weird School Special, It’s Halloween, I’m Turning Green!,  A.J. and the gang from the My Weird School series are ready for one of their favorite holidays!

It’s Halloween, and you know what that means! Candy! Costumes! More candy! What would happen if a kid ate a million hundred pounds of chocolate in one night? One thing’s for sure—when A.J. and his friends from Ella Mentry School go trick-or-treating, it will be a Halloween to remember.

Bestselling author Dan Gutman brings his wacky, kid-friendly sense of humor to this all-new series of holiday adventures. With hilarious illustrations by Jim Paillot, plus My Weird School trivia and Halloween-themed games, facts, and puzzles, this is one weird Halloween special you don’t want to miss!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:52 -0400)

"For A. J. and the gang from Ella Mentry School, a night of regular trick-or-treating turns into the weirdest Halloween in the history of the universe"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,297 books! | Top bar: Always visible