Friday Night Alibi by Cassie Mae

Friday Night Alibi

by Cassie Mae

No todo lo que comienza bien, termina bien, y este libro es la prueba.

El inicio prometía una trama distinta e interesante. Kelli, tiene un negocio peculiar: a cambio de un poco de dinero ella puede ser tu coartada. Lamentablemente eso es todo lo "distinto" de la historia, a medida que van avanzando los capítulos todo se vuelve predecible y se van acumulando más y más clichés.

En general, la escritura es mediocre. Trama y personajes sin mucho desarrollo. Y Kelli tiene que ser el personaje más insoportable que he leído en mi vida, la deteste totalmente.

He leído cosas mucho mejores en Wattpad... y gratis. ( )
  Glire | Jun 22, 2016 |
Wasn't a fan of this novel ... too much drama where there didn't need to be any. ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |

Kelli's used to being the girl everyone says they're with when they're really out with someone else. She's the girl with the good reputation that keeps them from getting in trouble with their parents — and she's fine with that. After all, she's making plenty of money to just sit at home and not be seen while they're off doing whatever their parents wouldn't approve of. But then she meets Chase.

Chase is obnoxious and funny and rather easy on the eyes. She knows he's older, but she's not sure how much. But he's the one person she can count on to always be around, even when she's not expecting him. From mercilessly teasing her to worrying about her when she's upset, he's quickly becoming someone she can call a friend. And he's not a bad kisser either.

But... As much fun as this book is, Kelli's a bit to naive to really be believable. I mean, even the most sheltered girls aren't immune to crushes when they're eighteen years old. And while I have no trouble believing she's a good, church-going girl who hasn't had a boyfriend, it just seems so unlikely that a girl whose filthy-rich parents leave her alone constantly wouldn't find some kind of trouble. That's not to say I didn't like her, just that she remained more fictional to me than the characters I normally meet in books.

The Verdict: After reading [b:Switched|18166750|Switched|Cassie Mae|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1382739587s/18166750.jpg|25532844], I was thrilled to get my hands on another book by Cassie Mae. That book made me so ridiculously happy that I just knew this one was going to blow me away. Granted, Friday Night Alibi was really sweet and often laugh-out-loud funny, but it didn't quite rank up there where Switched did. At least not with me. Though I should probably know better than to go into any book with such uncommonly high hopes. But once I sort of separate the two, I can better judge this one.

Friday Night Alibi is a really sweet, very romantic, rather innocent look at first love. While Chase has been through something absolutely heartbreaking, the story doesn't lean heavily on angst. It's more a look at a true friendship that develops into something more between two characters who weren't necessarily looking for a relationship. It's also entirely appropriate for younger teens who probably shouldn't be reading about sexual awakenings the way most teen romances tend to play things out. Kelli and Chase are so sweet together, all while being utterly hilarious, and while it deals with some family issues, it stays away from some of the grittier content I've read lately. If you're looking for a feel-good book that doesn't cross any adults-only lines, here it is. ( )
  ysar | Jul 8, 2015 |
No todo lo que comienza bien, termina bien, y este libro es la prueba.

He leído cosas mucho mejores en Wattpad... y gratis. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
**I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the author for a honest review**

This is a light, easy, clean, and hilarious story about Kelli and Chase.

Kelli is used to staying at home every Friday night and being someone's alibi. Want to go out with that girl you have been forbidden to see? That guy? Look no farther Kelli has you covered albibi and all. She thinks she has it all, she helps others keep their trust fund while making some extra money on her own. Plus she has got to stay home and has masters her XBOX skills and made a friend. It's not until she sneaks out on alibi night with her BFF Sadie and meets the hot but "pervy"(her words) Chase Moroney.

Through their hilarious banter and orange flavored kisses, she finds herself falling in love. She just has to make a choice is he worth losing her clients?

This was a cute love story. I have to admit though at times they all seemed much younger than their ages because typical 18-21 year old do not talk the way they do, but I feel like it worked somewhat for the community described. Light read, I recommend for anyone who isn't looking for something super deep or sexual. Just some make-out sessions here. Though from the way those were written I think if the author had decided to up the steam she would have had NO problem doing so! :)

"It's not about experience, Kel. It's about knowing the person you're kissing." ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible