Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Oral & Intravenous Bisphosphonate-Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws:…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0867155108, Paperback)While many clinicians currently recognize that bisphosphonate usage is associated with osteonecrosis of the jaws, this book establishes the causal relationship between the two, explaining the biologic modes of action that enable bisphosphonates taken both orally and intravenously to induce osteonecrosis of the jaws. Like the first edition, it presents definitive treatment protocols for patients who present at each stage in the progression of osteonecrosis, but this new edition also includes a simplified staging system and information about the serum CTX test for oral bisphosphonate cases. In addition, several management principles and surgical techniques are provided, along with new data on osteopenia and osteoporosis, the conditions for which bisphosphonates are primarily prescribed. The book offers a simple method for predicting risk as well as crucial recommendations for preventing the disease from developing when bisphosphonate therapy is indicated. Comprehensive case histories related to both oral and intravenous bisphosphonates provide direct guidance in managing patients spanning the full presentation spectrum. A must-have for the student and practicing clinician alike.
1. Description and History of Bisphosphonate-Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
2. Modes of Action and Pharmacokinetics of the Bisphosphonate Family
3. Medical Indications for Bisphosphonates
4. Osteopetrosis: A Genetic Analogue to Bisphosphonate-Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
5. Risks, Prevention, and Management of Intravenous Bisphosphonate-Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
6. Risks, Prevention, and Management of Oral Bisphosphonate-Induced Osteonecrosis of the Jaws
7. Clinical Pathologic Case Samples
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:50 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.