Secret Unleashed by Sierra Dean

Secret Unleashed

by Sierra Dean

276402,159 (4)None

This book is a definite improvement over the last book. Now that is not much of an achievement though given that the previous book was rather bad in my opinion. I would say that this book puts the series back into the acceptable range but not really much more.

The book starts off rather well. Secret goes on a mission as tribunal member and representative of Sig. She is pretty much back to being her good old bad-ass Secret and the interactions between Secret and various other characters are quite enjoyable reading, especially with Holden and Ingrid. I actually like Holden more and more.

Unfortunately Secret is still rather focused on her love life which continues to drag down things a bit since it often becomes silly and more like an obsession. Even in serious situations it is enough for some nice looking male, or god forbid one of Secret’s lovers, to walk past and her mind wanders away.

At least it is not so dominant in this book as in the previous and the book has a story which is reasonably consistent, does not involve Secret’s lovers, and is actually not too bad. I have to say that the turn of events in the middle of things did surprise me. I am not sure if I really liked the way the plot twisted, I would have preferred some ancient mystical horror to turn up, but it was a rather refreshing twist nonetheless. Whether I like (will like) it or not actually depends a bit on where the author goes with the resulting new situation in future books. One thing that I liked was that Secret finally got to use her werewolf abilities even though it was only briefly.

On the whole the book was much better that the previous one which, as I wrote above, puts the series back into the acceptable range. After the previous book I was not sure that I wanted to continue the series or not but now I think Secret have earned herself one more chance from me.
  perjonsson | Oct 28, 2017 |
Freaking awesome ( )
  blodeuedd | Mar 2, 2016 |
Dean does it again. I've read this book a while ago but just got to the point of writing the review.

I love this woman for the way she writes, in every other series with reoccurring characters you find that by this point it all gets watered down a bit, but not with Dean, she just keeps on bringing out the awesome.

in this particular novel we deal a bit with Sig, a helluva opening there for the next one. Sig the pervy uncle....lol. Did not see that one coming, did you????

And Lucas godamn Rain, keep going back and forth with him, half hoping he will sort his shit out, and half wanting to dropkick him in the nuts. Well at least Dean sticks to her characters in a very real way that people don't change that often, or so easily or we would all live magic lives.

Hope Des gets some attention soon, he's my fave guy here and i feel like he's been neglected a bit. *sad face*

What is there left to do???? But sit and wait for the next one???? ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
I want to have babies with this book. Sierra Dean is a genius!
Review to come closer to release date. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
This is such a fun series. It's not hard to get caught up in Secrets life and the drama it brings as it unfolds. SECRET UNLEASHED kicks off shortly after the events of book 5, a lot happens and it will leave you mentally drained by the end.

Secret always ends up caught in the middle and I love the way she thinks and handles every situation thrown at her. Secret's love life is crazy. There is Desmond and Holden, they are both sexy, supportive, and love Secret like they should. I am so conflicted, I don't know who I want Secret to love! She will just have to continue to love both of them. There were some really scary points in SECRET UNLEASHED. I didn't think everyone would make it out alive and I was right. There is no way that Secret won't be forever changed by the events that occurred. SECRET UNLEASHED also manages to bring us a good bit of fast and hard answers to some of our most sought after questions. Where is Secret's Dad? Who really is Sig and why is he so interested in Secret?

There really isn't anything I don't like about this series. The characters, the flow of events, the plot, the world, it is all well written and keeps me coming back for more. What could possibly happen next? Who knows but I will be on the roller coaster every step of the way. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Oct 30, 2013 |

The darkest secrets are the hardest to unearth. Secret McQueen, Book 6After her last mission tested the limits of her humanity and took her out of this world, Secret’s friends, determined to keep her safe from her old nemesis Alexandre Peyton, keep ushering her from one babysitter to the next. Couch surfing would be a lot more fun if Alexandre would let up on her long enough to allow her to get in some alone time with her lovers. Including Holden, her self-appointed shadow. As if living out of coffin isn’t bad enough, Secret literally brings down the house while hunting a rogue, causing the council to exile her from New York—for her own safety, of course. With her list of people to trust getting shorter and shorter, Secret ends up embroiled in a mystery to find a vampire warden gone AWOL and a missing artifact. Things go from bad to worse when she falls into the hands of a man who will prove that humans can be the worst monsters of them all. Warning: Contains a cross-country journey, an unexpected family reunion, heated lovers’ embraces and a hell of a lot of trouble.(less)ebook, 278 pagesPublished October 15th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.original titleSecret UnleashedISBN1619214458 (ISBN13:9781619214453)edition languageEnglishseriesSecret McQueen #6

The darkest secrets are the hardest to unearth. Secret McQueen, Book 6After her last mission tested the limits of her humanity and took her out of this world, Secret?s friends, determined to keep her safe from her old nemesis Alexandre Peyton, keep ushering her from one babysitter to the next. Couch surfing would be a lot more fun if Alexandre would let up on her long enough to allow her to get in some alone time with her lovers. Including Holden, her self-appointed shadow. As if living out of coffin isn?t bad enough, Secret literally brings down the house while hunting a rogue, causing the council to exile her from New York?for her own safety, of course. With her list of people to trust getting shorter and shorter, Secret ends up embroiled in a mystery to find a vampire warden gone AWOL and a missing artifact. Things go from bad to worse when she falls into the hands of a man who will prove that humans can be the worst monsters of them all. Warning: Contains a cross-country journey, an unexpected family reunion, heated lovers? embraces and a hell of a lot of trouble.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible