Trust in Me by J. Lynn

Trust in Me

by J. Lynn

English (15)  Czech (1)  All (16)
Another lovely swoony, sexy, heart-melting read from Ms. Armentrout aka J. Lynn. Really needed to read this like a million years ago. I’ve always known that Cam was a sweetie, and reading is POV showed me how much that statement is true. It was very pleasant to be in his head, I didn’t have to deal with a hard to get jerk, he let Avery knew he wanted her, and was patient, gentle and understanding. From the beginning Cam was very careful with Avery, not knowing exactly what she was dealing with, he did suspect that she had most likely had suffered a bad experience.

Cam’s determination to not accept Avery’s constant no’s to go on a date with him was so cute and funny. They’re interactions were just adorable, and very swoon worthy. Although it was kinda sad to see how much Cam’s reluctance to be more open with him hurt, even though I did understand her fear of what might happen if she did open up.

From Cam’s story I could see even more how much Avery needed to literally run into him and for him to be in her life. Yes she needed her own strength to heal herself, but Cam made her see how stuck she was and that she needed to, I’m gonna get cheesy here, take back her life.

The first book was a compelling undertaking for Ms. Armentrout and the second is just as compelling, seeing from a guy’s point of view how he deals with and reacts to his significant other telling him that she was violently violated. Cam was observant and had already suspected that something like that had happened to Avery. Other than his delicious baking and breakfast making, how Cam supported Avery in facing what happened to her and the people that let her down, was what truly made him the sweetheart he his. Loved Cam’s POV and I very much need to get caught up with this series. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
The first male POV I read after loving the original book was a huge disappointment. This was NOT! Love Cam, and loved this version as much as the original. Hearing Cam's thoughts were great and anticipating favorite scenes was well worth the read. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
Cam version actually better than book 1 and I really liked book 1

Deleine | May 10, 2016 |
The Wait for You series is to blame for me binge reading more than 10 contemporary romance books in the last month or so. When I saw Trust in Me (I thought it was a short story) and immediately bought it. I still wasn’t completely sold on Cam and Avery, so I figured reading Trust in Me couldn’t hurt. I was right; it only helped.

Trust in Me is the story from Wait for You, but from Cam’s point of view. I thought this was an interesting take on the story (and it’s a full length book – 352 pages). Even though you’re essentially re-reading Cam and Avery’s story, there’s still new content. Cam’s mind works differently than Avery’s. Plus certain events in their relationship were bigger moments for one, but not really for the other (which is normal).

Trust in Me made me like Cam even more. He’s probably one of the best book boyfriends because he’s sweet, but still believable as a real guy (maybe a slight fantasy guy). I absolutely loved his nickname for Avery. The nickname Shortcake is adorable and unique. It’s way better than honey, babe or baby (which can be annoying and kind of degrading).

I enjoyed reading Trust in Me and I think it was a fantastic addition to the Wait for You series. If you’ve already read Wait for You, then I would highly recommend Trust in Me next.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | Sep 18, 2015 |
Cam is totally swoon worthy and it was great getting a good look inside his head. The only thing keeping this from 5 stars is the repetitiveness of the story and lack of new material from Wait For You! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

Cameron Hamilton is used to getting what he wants, especially when it comes to women. But when Avery Morgansten comes crashing into his life, literally, he finally meets the one person who can resist his soulful baby blues. But Cam's not ready to give up. He can't get the feisty and intriguing girl out of his head. Avery has secrets, secrets that keep her from admitting the feelings Cam knows she has for him. Will persistence (and some delicious homemade cookies) help him break down her barriers and gain her trust? Or will he be shut out of Avery's life, losing his first real shot at the kind of love that lasts forever?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,542,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible