The Forbidden Stone by Tony Abbott

The Forbidden Stone

by Tony Abbott

Finally, a book I can recommend. The youth were youth, smart for their ages but not suddenly, unbelievably experts at anything and everything. There was an adult in their lives as often as possible, so I didn't shut the book asking the age old question, "Where were their parents?!" There was no kissing, no creeping (well, amongst the good guys), and very very little cussing.
This is a story that reaches back in history to Copernicus, a mystery spanning time and space. With luck, perseverance, and some help, the crew of four teenagers and their adult slip through the frantically grasping fingers of the Teutonic Order--this time.
  lcarter11 | Oct 23, 2017 |
I love anything that has a hint of the supernatural and the challenge of a quest and this book really met the bill. ( )
  MargaretPemberton | Feb 19, 2017 |
The fact that I was able to put this book down for a couple weeks is a good indication that it isn't the fast paced middle school adventure that I thought it was. I can't remember where I thought it was slowing down, but there were just parts where it obviously did. Still liked it, and will stock it in my library, but I'm hoping book two moves a bit faster. I'm a bit shocked to learn that the plan is for 11 more books; don't know if I like it well enough to devote THAT much shelf space to one series, especially with the book the width that it is! ( )
  JRlibrary | Mar 20, 2016 |
Absolutely awesome! Action-packed excitement, characters that felt genuine, intelligent plot and interesting facts interspersed throughout. A great middle grade adventure. The marketing plan looks like it will be great fun too! I look forward to seeing more of The Copernicus Legacy series. ( )
  Jackie_Sassa | Nov 20, 2015 |
It was an enjoyable read that picked up on the intrigue more and more as the characters became more familiar. Kids will find a character to relate to, will enjoy trying to figure out what the villainous Galina's angle is, and Abbott gives just enough information to keep the reading anticipating more. There's also plenty of informative text that can spark interest towards additional informational text reading. It's also the perfect set up for a series of exciting books that will take readers around the world, perhaps in unexpected ways eventually. I'd actually give it 3.5: a 3 because the I had to make a choice to be okay with how smart the kids are and how "sure, ok" the dad was, and a 4 because as soon as I was done I wanted to know when the next book will be published - I think a lot of kids will be asking for the next book. ( )
  margothere.library | Aug 8, 2015 |

"Wade, Lily, Darrell, and Becca fly from Texas to Germany for the funeral of an old family friend. But instead of just paying their respects, they wind up on a dangerous, mind-blowing quest to unlock an ancient, guarded secret that could destroy the fate of the world"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,624,026 books! | Top bar: Always visible