The Stickwick Staplers by Bernie Douglas

Recently added byScribbleScribe

No tags.

This book is:

-Sexist
- Disrespectful to the characters within the stories
- Gleefully anti-semetic at one point
-Confusing
-Boring as heck ( I found myself only being able to read 5% of the time)
-Stupid
- Not Funny

I couldn't even finish the book because the author linked me to a short story by Nathaniel Hawthorne in the middle of the book and I couldn't page past it. So I just stopped at 75%. (edit: I was going to stop but I found a way around this that I mention in the paragraph below that is besides trying to page forward in my kindle)

The author seems to enjoy complaining about what his publisher wants him to do. He doesn't complain about it in the epilogue. No. He complains about it in the middle of the work. It completely interrupts the flow of reading of his work instead of being at all funny. Also, Bernie, (that's the author's name) I was not able to page past the nathaniel hawthorn story. After some thinking I figured out that I had to go in a back door in my kindle to get past it by guessing what page was beyond the nathaniel hawthorne story you put in the middle of your work. Nice going.

I removed the book from my Kindle after I had read it. I have never done that with a book I took the time to read before. That's how bad it was.

Also the author thinks too much of himself. Don't read. Save yourself. ( )
  ScribbleScribe | Aug 1, 2013 |

A collection of Bernie Douglas's comedic works, including The Lives of Two Toed Sloths, Jimmy Gets a Tree Stuck on his Face, White DMC and How to Die: or The Good Gatsby

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,764,544 books! | Top bar: Always visible