Mesmerizing Math by Jonathan Litton

Mesmerizing Math

by Jonathan Litton

This book is definitely a successful math book because it is very engaging and allows students to explore and find out new things about math. I feel like visual and tactile learners would absolutely love this book because it has many pictures and pop up pictures where you can move and see the answer.The book covers many topics in mathematics which I think is very beneficial to kids because it gives them the simple definitions of the topics they will see in mathematics. Personally, I would not appreciate this book as a child because it's very scattered and it talks about so many topics on one page that it's annoying to read. However I can see how this book would definitely ignite a curiosity in children about mathematics which is the most important thing about this book. ( )
  kristeen1995 | Apr 20, 2017 |
I absolutely love this book and wish I had this when I was in school. As a child, I struggled with math and still do. Honestly, I think it's more of I don't like to do math than I'm not good at it. This book is filled with math facts and concepts and is presented in a super interactive way. I always thought that math can't be easy or fun, but this book totally changed my views and shows that math can be taught in a fun way. The book introduces several math concepts such as fractions, probability, Fibonacci numbers, etc and gets students attention by using flaps, popups, and fold-outs. I think this book would be great to use in a classroom. It could also be kept in the school library and can even be used by students at home if they are confused when doing homework. ( )
  Eayyad | Apr 18, 2017 |
"Mesmerizing Math" is a fun and interactive pop up book about different forms of math. This book includes a long list of the different areas in math including: factoring, probability, shapes, measurement, averages, and more. The activities and ideas displayed in this book teach math in a way that involves the reader. There are many flaps to flip, tabs to pull out, and pop up pictures that bring the reader in and help with the understanding of these concepts in a fun way. Overall, I really enjoyed this book and what it has to offer. I would show this book to students individually so they could take in each page and each concept one section at a time since the pages are filled with a lot of information. ( )
  goreyes | Nov 26, 2016 |
The book was a little overwhelming to look at because there was a lot going on. It has just about all the basic math terms and measurements. It's probably a fun and effective way to introduce kids to new math terms. ( )
  Paigealyssa | Apr 17, 2016 |
This is a pop up book about math. Each page includes differnt math terms with their definitions and examples of each. This is a great fun way to get kids involved in math. ( )
  glguerra | Nov 30, 2015 |

Incredible ideas + interactive flaps and tabs = math made easy!

An interactive, engaging and exciting exploration of math, from the invention of zero to the geometry of a donut! Clear, humorous text, bright illustrations, and interactive novelties help explain such topics as numbers, geometry, probability, transformations, and statistics. The focus is on making math accessible and exciting, so each topic has an investigation for young numbersmiths to try at home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible