Haunted U (School Spirits, #1) by Jessica…

Haunted U (School Spirits, #1)

by Jessica Gibson

421,664,912 (4.5)None

An incredible ghost story that starts out with few intriguing ghosts and a mystery to be solved but then turns into a story with a fantasy realm. Not typical but definitely fun and interesting. Some really great characters that were quite vividly projected. There is humor, romance and a thin line between paranormal and fantasy that is pulled together very well to create a book worth adding to your Halloween reading list! I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
I promise to write up a full review when I'm no longer sick :P I really enjoyed the deeper paranormal edge in Haunted U. Magic always piques my interest, but the story didn't stop there. Merpeople, witches, warlocks, and ghosts also joined the show, and it'll be interesting to see what else develops over the series.This was an excellent start and if you enjoy the new adult genre, paranormal/UF then pick this one up.

This book did a wonderful job of introducing us to the key players. Each one was lovable in their own ways, but I really loved Ezzie and Stella's friendship. It was a different twist, and well, I like different things. It keeps a reader on their toes.

Beau and Ezzie, they are a sweet duo, and something tells me we havn't seen the last of them. I'm really looking forward to seeing their relationship progress too.

The world was solid and I couldn't find holes (I always look :P) The merpeople actually ended up being my favorite addition. I haven't read a lot about them in fiction, but I'm a fan of the Celtic/Scandinavian myths.

The only question I was left with was when's the next one coming out?

As always, Jessica delivered a stellar story that entertained and left me wanting more. ( )
  AuthorRaeZRyans | May 24, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,870,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible