The Lustre: Slate Edition by Kate Policani

The Lustre: Slate Edition (edition 2012)

by Kate Policani, Kathleen Firstenberg (Editor), Chris Barker (Cover Design)

313,231,059 (4)None
Hidden within human society is an entrancing race of beings who look just like us. They are the Akataromai. Originating on Earth, they conceal themselves, blending within Human society. Though they appear to be human, mature Akataromai live for centuries and feed upon negative human emotions. Angelina Quorra is an Akataromai, a human-looking girl who might never die. But Angelina is unique among her people, absorbing pain as well as emotion and giving anyone who feeds her overwhelming pleasure. This is her story, told by the men who adore her. Her talent is called The Lustre, bringing her great fame, and great trouble.… (more)
Member:katepolicani
Title:The Lustre: Slate Edition
Authors:Kate Policani
Other authors:Kathleen Firstenberg (Editor), Chris Barker (Cover Design)
Info:CreateSpace (2012), Paperback, 144 pages

The Lustre by Kate Policani

“The Lustre” by Kate Policani.

I won this book through a promotion that Kate was running. If you purchase it you will not be disappointed. The author had me hooked by page four. Her ability to show and not tell will be one
reason I will be passing this book for others to read like I normally do. Just this time I will be keeping the book. The examples in this book one can draw from is priceless.

The book is about a young woman by the name of Angelina who at a young age knows she is different. She has this gift of absorbing pain from others while giving them pleasure in return. She is special among her peers. Each chapter dives into a different POV from the men who come across her path.

And by the way, she is not human.

This is a wonderful book. It is fast paced and can be read relatively quickly. ( )
  NewEnglandMuse | Mar 27, 2012 |

Kate Policani is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,481,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible