Slipping by Shandy L. Kurth

Slipping

by Shandy L. Kurth

212,551,640 (4)None

I really enjoyed what the author did with this story. It was short, simple, yet kept me questioning the main character's sanity the entire time.

Kurth's main character, Miles, is being followed around by the ghost of his dead younger sister. But he goes through the story debating whether or not she is real or a symptom of the combination of dealing with the stress of a recent breakup and the dead of his mother and sister a year earlier.
I spent most of the time reading trying to figure out the reality of the story along with Miles, but that's not all. There is someone's life at stake. Should Miles listen to the pleading of his sister's joke, get himself some professional help, or blow it all off in hopes that it'll go away? Well I can't tell you what he should do. You need to read the story. But I also can't tell you because, I'm still going over it all in my mind.

I really enjoyed the twist in this story as well. I definitely wasn't expecting the story to go in the direction it did. I'm always a fan of surprises though. ( )
  Robert.Zimmermann | Oct 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,641,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible