A Perfect Mess (A Perfect Secret, #1) by Zoe…

A Perfect Mess (A Perfect Secret, #1)

by Zoe Dawson

The blurb makes this sound much more suspenseful than it was. Basically a NA novel with a few "mysterious" events happening that hold little intrigue. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
**copy provided via netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

I'm not sure why but this book just didn't do it for me. I can't pinpoint what didn't work for me so it makes it difficult to leave a review. I figured out the secret fairly quick so when it came out it was a little anti climatic. I was glad that this is a standalone though. Maybe this will work for someone else even though it didn't for me. ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
A Perfect Mess by Zoe Dawson is the first book in the A Perfect Secret series. Mystery, humor, tragedy and SECRETS. Oh, did I mention the swoon worthy, smoking hot dudes who are... Wait for it... Triplets? Swoon

Aubree has a secret and only Booker Outlaw knows the truth. Can he be trusted, he is a bad-boy after all? Never mind that she's attracted to him. She gets a call while away at University that her aunt was in an accident. This accident happened under suspicious circumstances and Aubree rushes home to the woman that loved her and cared for her for so long.

Secrets surface, sexual tension runs rampant, the past rears it ugly head and it will surprise you to no end what happens...read this and then move immediately on to A Perfect Mistake, do not pass go, do not collect...Wait, sorry, wrong line. Read the book and read the next one and you'll thoroughly enjoy the ride! ( )
  Lisa.Hines | Jan 15, 2014 |
…just because now I want to know what the hell she did last summer.
  sbinifera | Nov 8, 2013 |
A Perfect Mess by Zoe Dawson
(Book #1: A Perfect Secret Series)
Source: Author
Rating: 5/5 stars

Aubree Walker is all about the numbers – numbers make sense, numbers are predictable, and numbers make no judgment about what Aubree did last summer. Moving to Tulane’s campus to study Statistics and out of Hope Parish was the best move Aubree ever made and if she has her way, there will be little to no returning to Hope Parish and her past. The only problem with never going home is the guilt Aubree constantly feels over her virtual abandonment of her beloved aunt and that beautiful boy, Booker Outlaw who helped Aubree when she was at her lowest and most vulnerable.

With finals over and her summer work schedule at Tulane already secured, Aubree is blown away by the late night phone call informing her of her aunt’s accidental fall which has left her in a coma. Suddenly never going home again is no longer an option. Terrified of losing her only relative, Aubree packs up and heads back to Hope Parish and within minutes of arriving, bad things start to happen. Apparently, someone knows about last summer. Finding herself in yet another low and vulnerable moment, Aubree is beyond glad to see Booker Outlaw. Though not intending to come to the rescue, Booker finds himself once again helping Aubree and ensuring her safety.

Booker Outlaw is one third of the unholy trinity and along with his twins (yes, ladies we have hawt TRIPLETS!) Braxton and Boone, the Outlaw boys have done everything within their power to live up to their last name. Well, kind of. Thanks to a long dead and seriously naughty relative, the Outlaw boys had a reputation for bad even before they were born. While the boys have certainly gotten into their fair share of trouble, they sure don’t deserve the nasty reputation they have. In fact, Booker is not only an honorable and decent guy, he is also a highly successful, though somewhat anonymous, best-selling author. While Booker generally exudes confidence and more than a tiny bit of attitude, his latest run in with Aubree has left him discombobulated.

As threats to Aubree’s safety increase she finds herself needing Booker more and more. Thanks to a deep sense of honor and need to protect, Booker finds himself both willing and able to protect Aubree. Mixed in with all the danger and the mystery of who’s behind the threats is an intense attraction to one another – oh yes, this is one hell of a story!! And Dawson’s not done with the awesome. In order to tie everything together, Dawson adds a nice little twist which sets the past and the present on a collision course with one another. This is one of my favorite things to find in a book 

The Bottom Line: A Perfect Mess is a perfect combination of mystery, suspense, light action, the past meets the present and, some naughty bits thrown in for good measure. Though the novel revolves around Aubree and Booker, the other two-thirds of the unholy trinity and Aubree’s two best friends also play significant roles. Other than the big bad, there is not a single character in A Perfect Mess that I didn’t like. The Outlaw boys are some kind of hot, completely surprising, and totally worthy of your affection. Side note: I may want to lick each one of the Outlaw Triplets  While I feel like the boys are stronger characters than the girls are at this point, the girls are still power players and each brings her own brand of uniqueness to the table. Overall, I can’t say enough good things about this book and if books two and three are as good as this read, the A Perfect Secret series is going to certainly be included on my year-end list of top reads!! ( )
  arthistorychick | Oct 17, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,018,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible