Take Me Now (Take Me Now, #1) by Faith…

Take Me Now (Take Me Now, #1)

by Faith Sullivan

153647,891 (4)None

review to come! ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
The little boy you knew your whole life. The guy who made you swoon in high school. The man that you never saw coming. Three men that were in Ivy's life all at once, the same summer that she is working an internship for the boss from hell. Ivy is a college student doing an internship for her last year of school when her old crush comes back to town. Her close friend worries about her with the crush, knowing that the crush was just that, crushing. When an empty gas tank turns her already spinning world into super drive. Take me Now is a romance story that even after the bumps in the road you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, praying that love really is strong enough to survive anything.

Faith Sullivan has Take me Now in two different POV's between Ivy who the readers will be able to relate to. Ivy is just trying to get the necessary work done to accomplish a goal of her. She feels insecure, and is trying to figure out who she is suppose to be trusting, yet prove she can stand on her own two feet. Eric has shadows in his past that he needs to balance of remembering the loved ones, but also to live his life. Faith's language flows, so that the readers want to continue reading without putting down the book. This is the second book by Faith Sullivan that I have read, and the works keep getting better. Hope to read more in the future :) ( )
  ottilieweber | Apr 24, 2014 |
New Adult Contemporary Romances are quickly becoming my guilty pleasure reads so when author Faith Sullivan contacted me about a possible review of Take Me Now, I jumped at the chance. This is the first in a trilogy.

This is the story of twenty something, college student Ivy, who is interning as a reporter for Lauren a.k.a. the boss from hell. Ivy figures she can survive her internship unscathed if she does what Lauren asks of her and doesn't complain. Enter Eric. Gorgeous, independent business owner and widower. Eric lost the love of his life to cancer a few years ago. He's your classic all around good guy.

When Ivy is sent to interview Eric, the two are attracted to one other, which makes for a sticky situation since Lauren is after Eric herself. Lauren decides to make Ivy's job a living hell once she realizes Eric has the hots for her intern.
Two other people are trying to make Eric and Ivy's lives hell. Ivy's childhood bestie, Will and Laurens' younger brother, Ryan.

I am so picky when it comes to my heroes and heroines falling in love. I need it to be realistic. I need it to develop slowly. Ivy and Eric had love at first sight. I know damn well this doesn't really happen. Lust at first sight? Yes. But love takes time to develop. I didn't get that here with these two. They were crying over each other very early on in the story. Eric delivered what sounded like a proposal to me and these two hadn't even slept together at that point. I know this is New Adult Romance and geared at a younger audience who may like those love at first sight moments, but it just didn't work for me.

I liked Ivy, but I didn't like the way she'd let her childhood friend Will, toy with her emotions. I also didn't like the way she handled a particular situation where Ryan was concerned.

I think Eric was a great character. I enjoyed his inner monologue for the most part. He wonders what Ivy could see in someone like him. He visits his wife's grave and talks with her about his life while there. He worries Ivy will lose her job because of Lauren being so jealous. He puts her best interests first. All good things. I didn't understand some of his decision making though, and the way he was behaving overly dramatic at one point.

"This is what I want. This is where I belong, in her embrace, under her care, around her heart."
p.152, Take Me Now

The baddies in here, Lauren, Will and Ryan and really bad. Which made me wonder, why? Lauren was definitely 'over the top' with her behavior. Especially Will. Why would he be so rotten to Ivy?

I did enjoy Faith Sullivan's writing style. I read Take Me Now in about two sittings. This is a quick, fluffy read. I liked the storyline. I just wish a few more pages were devoted to Ivy and Eric falling in love. I would have given this one a higher rating if the romance developed at a slower pace.
This is the first in a trilogy and the ending leaves the storyline wide open for the next book, Meant for Me.

Disclaimer: I received a free e-copy of Take Me Now from the author in exchange for an honest opinion.
I did not receive any type of compensation for reading and reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers and authors, such as Take Me Now, I am under no obligation to write a positive review. ( )
  bookworm_naida | Sep 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,430,260 books! | Top bar: Always visible