Chaotic (Imperfection, #1) by C. A. Williams

Chaotic (Imperfection, #1)

by C. A. Williams

This book had me going back and forth in liking and not so sure if I liked. In the end, I liked the book. I loved Della’s character. Although she had led a privileged life, she was able to see what life was really about when everything was taken from her. Her character was open to learning life lessons and self-discovery. You don’t typically come across characters quite like her, similar but different.
I loved Justin. Who doesn’t? It’s the typical cliché, but yet you don’t ever want to truly hate him like some bad boys. Bad boys should have a love-hate relationship with the reader, but not Justin. That just wouldn’t fit with the storyline.
Nash, I didn’t like him at all from day one. He is a douchebag. He is the undercover bad boy. He is manipulative and selfish. Although he served a purpose in this story, I could have done without him completely!!
This book is well written and will be hard to put down, for the most part. I will admit there were parts that were lagging for me. But I would think that is true for a lot of books. It’s a unique story and is mapped out well. The connections and reconnections the characters make are realistic. Now, the only thing I was disappointed with in the book is the emotions. I find myself saying this a lot lately… I wanted to feel more of an emotional rollercoaster with this book. It wasn’t there for me. I liked the ride, but it wasn’t the ride I would think of considering the story.
I would recommend this book for anyone looking for a serious but light read. It isn’t hard to read, and it won’t take you long to get through it. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
3.5 hearts

Chaotic is about a young girl from a pretty well to do family, wanting to keep up appearances, and keep family secrets just that. Della makes some wrong decisions and gets herself to in some trouble, giving an emotional read.

Della is seriously on the wrong path. At first I was just so irritated with her character. She seemed to come from a fairly decent family, she was part of a reality tv show a couple years ago, but she snippy and snotty. I soon learned just why she was the way she was and I began to understand and like more and ended up liking her. There were a few secondary characters that were great, they were her roommates. They accepted her just for her. And her grandparents were just amazing, and just what she needed. Can’t say that about her parents, either of them.

The story revolves Della, who has a past that her mother would love to keep secret, but that isn’t an easy thing when Della was part of the tv program person that quite a few people watched, and with social media, people would always be able to find out who she is. We do learn what happened to her and my heart went out to her, especially when you someone as a mother like she did. Now, Della does find some romance and there a fair share of steamy scenes. But there is also a love triangle, the longtime best friend, Nash, who is sweet and genuinely a good guy. And then the tattooed, pierced guy, Justin, who at first glance is the bad boy, the ones that girls fall for. But things aren’t always what they seem, and I wasn’t sure who I wanted her to end up with until the end. I don’t know if it was because I have read so many books with love triangles in them, or that I am just getting burned out or what. But this one okay, and it worked as something that Della had to work through and learn from. Della makes some mistakes, but learns some important life lessons. I enjoyed watching her grow up as much as she did throughout this. The ending wasn’t what I hoping for, but the epilogue made up for it, giving me some hope at a happy ending for Della.

Chaotic was a pretty good book, dealing with issues that girls face today. I am curious to see how everything turns out for Della, and look forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  jeneaw | Sep 30, 2013 |
Too sleepy for the review, coming up later
yaaaaaaaaawnnn ( )
  SpicedLatte | Aug 1, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,447,758 books! | Top bar: Always visible