New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5) by…

New Beginnings (Others of Edenton, #0.5)

by Brandy L Rivers

15 (1) 2014 (1) adult (1) alpha-male (1) ebook (3) faerie (1) fantasy (4) fiction (3) free (1) have read (1) Kindle (4) mate (1) own (1) paranormal (8) paranormal romance (5) paranormal series (1) PNW (1) R (1) romance (10) series (2) sff (1) shapeshifters (2) shifter (1) shifters (1) to-read (23) unread (1) urban fantasy (2) werewolves (4) witches (1) wolf (1)

Jess is a bad-ass woman who relocates to get away from one Alpha (before she kills him) only to fall into the lap of another Alpha, who her wolf instincts say is hers.

Wow, just wow!!! I haven’t cracked open an actual book since I got my tablet. But I got The Others of Edenton boxed set from Passion in Portland last September and figured that since I am no longer allowed to use my tablet while parked at the school waiting for my students (I can still take my tablet on trips with me though), that I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth and took this book to work with me. The only real dilemma I had with this new circumstance is that when I came a crossed an area that needed an edit, I had no way of making notes because I just could not bring myself to violate a work of art with my pen or pencil so I am now carrying around a pad of post-it notes. Sorry for the babbling of my rabbit chasing but thank you for letting me get that out.

Now about New Beginnings, I really liked Jess, Slater and Brody. The preconceived rules that both Slater and Jess have imposed on themselves certainly made the whole courtship interesting and I was certain that Jess was going to kick Slater in the balls although I think Liam’s bizarre behavior towards Jess saved Slater his balls. Liam is the definite ass-hat in the story but Jess, being the bad-ass in her own right running out a back door to get away from him confused me as much as I think it confused Jess herself because it was the only contradiction to her personality. I also really liked the steamy lake scene that was more like a claiming between Slater and Jess. Back to Liam, I think that was one wolf that should have been put down for turning rabid, I would really like to know what triggered his downward spiral because I am almost convinced that it was something that happened long before what Brody and Slater think it was. I was expecting a lot steam after reading Nights Embrace but there wasn’t as much action in the this one, someone was obviously getting something but it wasn’t as graphically steamy but not disappointing.

I suspect I will be reading this book again someday and look forward to it so the five-star review that I want to give this book would be justified except for the edits that I found but thankfully those edits only reduce my rating by one star.

This review posting contains the body of the review, which is only a portion of the original review which is posted here http://lauralusbookreviews.blogspot.com/2017/02/new-beginnings-others-of-edenton... ( )
  LauraLusReviews | Apr 12, 2017 |
3.5 stars really. It was good but needed some editing. A few typos and grammatical errors that I found annoying but the basic storyline was good and has potential to be a good story. ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
Werewolves, Druids, Fae, and ever type of Other plus an HEA for Jess and Slater. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
This book what can i say one word ok two words AWESOME,FANTASTIC! The characters are strong . The storyline is great. i couldnt put it down! Every chapter kept me wanting me to continue to read and to want more !Brandy L Rivers did it again ! I can not wait for the next book in the series! I give this book 5/5 Stars!!!!!!! ( )
  chymekeeper | Aug 21, 2013 |
New Beginnings
Others of Edenton (book .5 prequel)
by Brandy L Rivers

I wouldn't have even found this series/author if I hadn't come across a contest for it.

Werewolves, a vampire, Fae and other paranormal beings make up this fantastic world created by Brandy L Rivers.

Hot alpha werewolves, some feisty she wolves, a sexy vamp and strong, kinda scary Fae. Add in an old wolf that is losing it and a lot of lovin. What sane woman wouldn't want to live in Edenton?

This book hooked me right away. I have already bought the next, "In Too Deep", and I am getting my coffee, going to sit in my comfy chair, relax and read. It's pizza tonight!

Great book, Brandy! I am sure I will love the rest of the series just as much. ( )
  mammy4423 | Aug 16, 2013 |
To my wonderful husband who has been with me all these years. I couldn't wait for our anniversary to release the book. Look at it this way; we have the whole day to celebrate now. Love you, babe.
Someone was snoring like a freight train.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,718,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible