Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1) by Dave…

Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)

by Dave Ferraro

731,138,814 (4.67)None

I received a e-copy of this book through Read It & Reap's read to review opportunity. I loved it! As always, I am trying not to do any spoilers; this is definitely a book I want you to read and discover on your own as you read!

So...yes five stars. I loved the plot, the characters, and the relationship development. I liked the parallel universe, the monsters, and the action. This was SUCH a satisfying read, although I do admit to panicking around the 80% mark as my kindle was telling me I only had 40 minutes left and wondering how this is going to end!

From the beginning, this book is ripe with action. That was a helluva way for our MC to wake up and what a way to start the book. As she wakes up and assesses the scene around her and then just begins to lay waste to the vamps she encounters, I was cheering "GO BUFFY! I MEAN ALYSSA!" But this is no simple Buffy-esque plot.

I thought the ties from this parallel universe to ours was incredibly smart: the Japanese covens and their ability to meld into shadows like the ninjas of our world, the mythological beasts come to life and HOW they came about in this world, the creation story of Lilith, with no Eve in sight.

The draw between Parker & Alyssa was well done; sweet romance without overblown sex scenes. I liked how the characters developed and how their friendships solidified.

Lots of paranormal monsters, a bit of steam punk, a bit of fairytale, a bit of horrific bug monsters, a kickass heroine who only has one moment of true despair (she's definitely not whiny), and blossoming love affairs, this was a GOOD read. Highly enjoyable. ( )
  a_tiffyfit | Sep 21, 2013 |
Alyssa, woke up surrounded by dead bodies, not knowing where she is, missing memories. This book kept me hooked from the get go. Alyssa saves women and makes many friends on her quest to find out who she is and why she is in this world of magic so unlike her world. In the end she has to make a very tough decision and it was quite a surprise. She makes very good friends along the way, I like each character, a couple keep you wondering whose side they are really on. There were some editing problems, but it can be fixed and the one that stands out the most is in chapter 40: " There is life in them yet," Mia said, rubbing her arms as if to ward off goose-flesh. "Their souls are trapped here." This is a major need of fixing because Lady blood had already killed this character unfortunately. I strongly like this book and I would like to read more books by this author. I would also like to thank Dave Ferraro the author for giving me this book for an honest review through my goodreads group - Shut Up & Read. ( )
  Dalene.K.Rodman | Sep 12, 2013 |
Books & Sweet Epiphany
www.booksandsweetepiphany.blogspot.com

Dark Genesis is AWESOME! and so is Dave Ferraro.

Throw in a parallel universe, supernatural beings, kick-ass lead female character and evil villains to the mix and you will get a Dark Genesis cake. :D

I know, I'm cheesy like that but seriously, Dark Genesis is worth the midnight oil.

Dark Genesis grips you from the very beginning and kept slapping you with shock after shock.
The storyline is fantastic and fresh that you will not get bored at all.

I am in love with the main character because she is so strong and determined even though she has lost her memories.

Not only that, the connection between the main character and her entourage that she picks up along the story makes this book one of the best book I've ever read.

There is no doubt that Dave is in my favourite authors list.

Sincerely,
Selina. ( )
  Selina.Marie.Liaw | Aug 2, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,270,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible