Immune by Shannon Mayer

Consistently enjoyable. Rylee just can't stop once she gets on a trail. What is Milly's problem? ( )
  bgknighton | Sep 19, 2017 |
Great book! Good character development! Recommend reading. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Another great Rylee Adamson urban fantasy. The second in the series and Rylee and O'Shea are learning to work together, though each has trust issues. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Jun 20, 2016 |
This is the second entry in the Rylee Adamson series. The thing I appreciated in the first entry - the fact that a supernatural talent has quite some drawbacks in the real world and would draw the attention of the law - is not so prominent in this installment any more. Never the less it was an enjoyable read. ( )
  sushicat | Jan 14, 2016 |
Rylee, who is considered both a Tracker and an Immune—both are considered rare in the world of the supernatural—is dealing with some issues left over from the prior book. First, she’d been injected by a demon’s venom and it’s now causing problems. Since Milly and Giselle had both moved in with Rylee, Milly has been on a campaign for Rylee to remove both Alex and Eve—werewolf and harpy respectively—out of their lives as they are dangerous. Rylee has not made a decision regarding joining the FBI’s secret division that deals with supernaturals and the fact that for the first time in her life she has strong feelings for a man, and Liam O’Shea is having an affair with Milly.

She’s about to take off to meet with the mother of a missing child when Liam shows up to talk her into joining the FBI, but immediately sees a problem. The demon venom is causing her to freeze her to the point she passes and could kill her if she isn’t drastically warmed up, but it also pulls the worst winter weather to her. Rylee is going to need help dealing with the venom before she can help anyone else.

Vampires, walking vampires—yes, they are different-- shamans, witches, werewolves, an ogre, different types of trolls, a harpy and shifting guardian spirits. Yes, we get a huge variety of species and each one has their own abilities and quirks and we get plenty of interaction and/or action scenes with each.

One thing I really like about Rylee is her heart. She’s definitely tough and tells the truth as best she can, but when it comes to either children or those who have no one else, such as Alex the submissive, child-like werewolf or Eve, the young harpy whose sisters were killed when they attacked Rylee, she feels a strong responsibility for their welfare. After the first book I felt sorry for Eve but never imagined I’d actually like her. And as always, Alex lends a certain charm and comedy relief.

I’m not going to say much about Liam as a few things happen that shake things up. I definitely like him and his perseverance in sticking to Rylee’s side, and she certainly doesn’t make it easy as she does her best to keep him away from danger.

Okay, there is one thing that just stood out as a red flag, writing-wise. I don’t need to read every time someone stops to eat, or what they’re having. But Rylee runs from one thing to the next as she’s under major time crunches, but as far as we know, no one stops to eat for days on end. With what she goes through physically, the NEED to refuel should have been at least mentioned. In order to believe the very fictional, it’s necessary to stay true to what wouldn’t be fictional. ( )
  dearheart | Oct 23, 2014 |

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

Underestimating demons is a bad idea, and it's a mistake that may cost not only my life, but the life of a missing child.

If I can swallow my pride, and allow Agent O'Shea to help me find a way to deal with the demon, we might be able to save the child.

With this salvage, it's a race against time, a test of trust, and a temptation that I'm doing my damndest to ignore.

If only swallowing my pride was that easy.

Also Available:
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, Book 1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, Book 2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, Book 3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, Book 4)
  • Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, Book 5)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, Book 6)
  • Alex: A Rylee Adamson Short Story

Follow tracker Rylee Adamson and agent Liam O'Shea as they battle demons in order to bring home missing children who have no one else to help them.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible