In Time by Alexandra Bracken

So apparently I'm one of the few people who didn't think that this novella was brilliant. Ooops.

I really like the character of Zu, and I was glad that we readers could see a little bit of what happened to her after The Darkest Minds. But I found the character of Gabe to be rather annoying, and I didn't particularly care about his back story.

And I found it to be way too coincidental that Zu runs into Liam's parents. Or at least his mother. Seriously, the United States is a big place. What are the odds that Zu would randomly come across some kid Liam's mother was helping, and therefore meet Liam's mother, too? Sigh.

It's okay if you're looking for a way to pass some time, I guess, but it doesn't really add anything to the overall story or world. ( )
  schatzi | Sep 15, 2014 |
AHHHHH

OH MY GOSH

THERE ARE SO MANY POSSIBILITIES

kctlagman | Sep 14, 2013 |

Don't miss this exciting short story that connects THE DARKEST MINDS to its much-anticipated sequel, NEVER FADE! Gabe's life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skiptracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won't speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine. Includes a bonus preview chapter from NEVER FADE!'… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,627,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible