Until the End (Quarantined, #1) by Tracey…

Until the End (Quarantined, #1)

by Tracey Ward

I love reading (and watching) anything about a Zombie apocalypse breaking out. It's a lot safer than actually being in one but then I also can learn some Zombie survival tips if I somehow find myself in one. Here's hoping that that does not happen. Fingers crossed.

I did get a lot of tips from Until The End and was also thoroughly creeped out and grossed out. Thank you very much Ms. Tracey Ward :-). From the first sentence I had that anxious, waiting for the inevitable shoe to drop feeling. It was like having a movie in my head as I read. Alissa's and Jordan's adventures had me on the edge of my seat, as the saying goes.

Alissa is my kind of heroine, no damsel in distress here. Al had her issues but she had personality and I love my protagonist to have a personality. She wasn't always very nice to Jordan, but I like that she wasn't always apologetic for her sporadic bitchiness, but that she owned it. Al's situation definitely added an extra layer to living through a Zombie apocalypse. It made the story that much more interesting.

Jordan is also my kind of hero. He was real. He didn't see himself as a hero and he wasn't superman either. He had his heroic limits and he knew them but he made himself Al's protector and nothing would change that.

Until The End certainly had that tense and non-stop progression you would expect from a horror filled zombie movie. And oh yeah, there was also a lot of humorous moments and dialogue throughout the story too. Overall it was a great book and I can't wait to get to the next book. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author via Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: The zombie apocalypse is without question my new favorite topic to read about. That may be slightly disturbing or say something about me as a person, but I don’t care. I read them like I’m a drug addict and they’re my drug. I had two other zombie books that were constantly duking it out for first place in my mind, but Until the End beat the ever-loving crap out of every other zombie book I’ve read.

The characters were fan-freaking-tastic. Jordan was a fantastic guy and even with the baggage, I want one. Alissa might be new favorite heroine. I was afraid I’d hate her to be honest, especially when I found out how much baggage she carried and that it was essentially a loaded gun (this is all intentionally geeky and corny – metaphor-wise). They were likable characters individually and the perfect blend together. They’re chemistry was great without being explicit and over the top.

The plot was my favorite zombie plot so far. I loved that the author kept referring to it as The Fever. The little additions from Jordan and Alissa’s backgrounds and how they changed things was unique for a zombie book. I never would have thought to add mental illness, but it worked wonderfully. The author managed to hit the nail on the head and never became crass, preachy or overbearing where mental illness was concerned.

So the big question. Would I recommend Until the End? Heck yes I would! Until the End is zombie fiction at its best, in my humble opinion. I loved it so much that I actually read it twice already and am planning to read the next one. Although, I’m trying to use some self-control at the moment and not dive right in. I would highly recommend Until the End.

For more reviews, check out http://reviewsinapinch.wordpress.com/ today! ( )
  ReviewsInAPinch | May 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,629,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible