Poems for the Very Young by Michael Rosen

Poems for the Very Young

by Michael Rosen

Other authors: Bob Graham (Illustrator)

This was one of my favorite books to read. The poem are super short and funny for young children. The illustrations were absolutely adorable and will use this in my future classes. ( )
  Rvalencia | Apr 30, 2018 |
A collection of short poems that young children will relate to. ( )
  rebeccaperez | Apr 29, 2017 |
Many of the poems in this collection were rhyming. For young children, I think rhyming helps to keep the children engaged and want to read the poems. These poems also discuss things that young children can relate to, such as food and animals. Most of the poems were pretty short, which I think is necessary for very young students.
As with any collection of poems, there were a few poems that I did not care for. However, as a whole, I did enjoy the book. I think the simplicity of many of the poems and the subject (mostly relatable) would make this a good book to have in a pre-k or kindergarten classroom to read to the students. ( )
  mkstorey | Apr 23, 2017 |
I absolutely love this book. I got it from English relatives in 1997, and I still love it today. I really enjoy the pictures. There are so many different pictures to go with all of the different poems. There is often only one picture for each poem. I think this is a good thing because while it shows the child what the characters look like, they can use their imagination along with them as going through the poem. I also like the organization of the book of poems. If you pay close attention, you can see poems in the beginning are about getting up in the morning and having breakfast and activities that would happen in the morning. At the end of the book, there are poems about getting ready and going to bed. I think this is pretty interesting and not something I noticed until recently. ( )
  tbarne9 | Apr 2, 2015 |

Michael Rosenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Graham, BobIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Humorously illustrated by Greenaway award-winner Bob Graham, this collection of more than 100 poems provides an excellent, accessible introduction to poetry, with contributions from many cultures. Skillfully selected by Michael Rosen to catch the ears of young listeners, this collection includes short nonsense verses such as "Today I Saw a Little Worm" and traditional schoolyard rhymes such as "Diddle, Diddle, Dumpling" and "Mary Mack," as well as works by such poets as Shel Silverstein, Eve Merriam, John Agard, Afua Cooper, and Langston Hughes.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:37 -0400)

An illustrated collection of modern and traditional poems by a variety of authors from different parts of the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,735,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible