dismiss

America's Test Kitchen revolutionizes weeknight cooking with this Best Recipe must have! The exhaustively tested recipes in this 300-plus collection are arranged by technique and each one is designed to be prepared in 30 minutes or less. 150 illustrations. 16 pages of color photos.

Picked up at the friends of the library book sale; I paid $2 extra for it because all I had was a 5, but it's worth every penny.

I'm not really "done" with it, since I've only made a handful of recipes, but those few have made it worth every penny: stir-fry, "roast" chicken, chicken teriyaki, two different variations of potatoes. They definitely finish up in about 30 minutes, a little longer the first time around -- or in the case of the stir-fry, if you don't have precut veggies -- but after the first time they get faster to make. The notes about timing of preparation help, too.

Looking forward to expanding out the breadth of recipes: most cookbooks I've owned, I've had just one or two recipes that I make, and ignore most of the rest. (Which is why I photocopied those recipes and gave a bunch of cookbooks to the library.) This one, I think I'll end up with quite a few regulars, which makes me very happy. ( )
  epersonae | Mar 30, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,873,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible