Andrew's Brain: A Novel by E. L.…

Andrew's Brain: A Novel (2014)

by E. L. Doctorow

English (92)  Dutch (1)  All languages (93)
I enjoyed it until it was over, when I thought, "That's it?" Ultimately disappointing. ( )
1 vote Joanna.Conrad | Nov 4, 2015 |
Reading along Andrew's thoughts was very interesting. He tells his story as an adult in jumping forth and back just like his thoughts which are jumping around be it in memories that are triggered by a word or thought. Not always it can be interrupted by the doctor especially if he clings to a train of thought. There are moments which are funny on the other hand it is clear that Andrew is a prisoner of his trauma which he shares with many people.
I liked this story very much and can strongly recommend it. ( )
  Ameise1 | Oct 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I generally enjoy Doctorow, but I couldn't get into this book, though I tried several times. It is very disjointed, the main character is not likable, and the plot (such as it is) is based on a series of unpleasant events. I appreciate dystopian books, but this one didn't do it for me. ( )
  Fogcityite | May 22, 2015 |
I received this book for free as part of a first reads promotion ( )
  lilnursesuhy | Mar 4, 2015 |
I listened to this book while doing some craft projects. I had read many reviews about this book when it first came out. I have mixed emotions towards this book because it skipped from one subject to the next sibject to fast for me to keep up. I did like the emotions Andrew had towards the other characters. Once I got used to the fast changes of subject, I enjoyed the story a lot more. This book did make me stop and reflect on my own life. I am giving it a middle rating because the author left to many loose ends. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Jan 27, 2015 |

I can tell you about my friend Andrew, the cognitive scientist.

A psychological tale recounts the experiences of Andrew, who confesses to an unknown recipient the memory- and truth-challenging events, loves, and tragedies that have led him to a mysterious act.

6 wanted3 pay4 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Andrew's Brain by E. L. Doctorow was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,874,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible