Three by Kristen Simmons

Three (original 2014; edition 2015)

by Kristen Simmons (Author)

When Ember and Chase finally arrive at the safe house and find it in ruins, they follow tracks leading away until they find a group of refugees and join forces with them to seek the rumored settlement known as Three.
Member:Rempala
Title:Three
Authors:Kristen Simmons (Author)
Info:Tor Teen (2015), Edition: First, 384 pages
Collections:2019
Rating:*****

Three by Kristen Simmons (2014)

Good ending to the story. ( )
  Rempala | Dec 31, 2019 |
4.5 stars...Listened to audio of entire series; Loved all three books but did think there was too much self-reflection by both Ember and Chase throughout the entire series. ( )
  EmpressReece | Mar 9, 2018 |

The people are sleeping. We need a way to wake them up.

When a government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new government.

Sounds like a revolution and Ember, Chase and even Tucker are right in the middle of it. Who will survive the Moral Militia and the rebel organization Three? Both groups are willing to kill and let people die to further their cause. Ember isn't sure she trusts Three, but she knows the Moral Militia and the FBR are worse.

I finally finished reading this trilogy. I enjoyed it for the most part, but sometimes it seemed to drag a little. I was wondering if reading all three in a row just had me bored with the characters. I guess that can happen sometimes. Maybe some books are best read with a little space in between, so you have the chance to miss them a little.

I liked the first book (Article 5) best. I think this one (the 3rd) got a little boring at times, but there were a few times when I was holding my breath. There were a couple of twists that I didn't exactly see coming and one that I was pretty sure would happen. There is no love triangle - nice break from that. And there are people you know the main characters should trust and people you can't believe they would ever trust. The ending was good, everything was nicely tied up and explained, except for one character's motivation, but that happens in real life too. We don't always know what makes a person behave the way they do.

I know this review is a little vague, but I don't want to give anything from the other books away. If you like dystopian trilogies, you should give this one a try. Overall it was fun, maybe just don't read all three in a row. ;)

Recommended to:
Adult and young adult fans of dystopian novels without love triangles. ;) ( )
  Jadedog13 | Feb 3, 2016 |
This last book of the Article 5 trilogy is remarkable. There is much more action, discovery, and fear for what will become of the characters. The suspense and anticipation of what will happen next is overwhelming. By the end, you just cannot put the book down because you simply have to know the outcome. Not only the outcome of the story, but also the outcome of the characters. And the end does not disappoint. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,803,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible