Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5) by…

Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5) (edition 2007)

by Christine Feehan

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

Deadly Game by Christine Feehan

English (16)  Dutch (1)  All languages (17)
This doesn't really read any differently from the other books in the series: a lot of repetition (which seems to be a writing flaw for Feehan), major violence, broken-ish women and/or men... ( )
  lesmel | Oct 24, 2014 |
65 RMB at the new bookstore at Carrefour Gubei

22/11/07 Seemed like this book must have been part of a series and I saw another review just now mentioning that it is book 5 of the Ghostwalker series. I might read more of the series.

26/07/08 Re-read after reading #4. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
I honestly don't like the vampire series she writes but I do enjoy this series occasionally, even if she does undermine the female characters in many ways. Ken Norton has been trained as an assassin and is suffering badly from PTSD. Mari, another one of the ghostwalkers is kidnapped and they're trying to rescue her and deal with the issues they both have, including their budding romance.

Not bad, entertaining stuff, nothing spectacular but a grand read. ( )
  wyvernfriend | May 17, 2013 |
This book was probably the hardest to read so far. Jack Norton was tortured quite a bit before he escaped but his brother Ken was almost dead when they found him. He is so scarred and emotionally damaged that you just want to hold him and make it better. I loved the setup for meeting Marigold "Mari". I also love how the sub-plot advancement and the glimpse of Peter Whitney in person. I also thought that the acknowledgement of both teams suspensions about the man were a very nice touch as well. I will not be sorry to see this man get what he deserves. I also hope that those that are protecting them also get what they so richly deserve. It would never happen in real life but this is fiction and I can hope that the rich and powerful will be punished for all the things that have been done to these people. I was glad to see that Ken and Mari got there HEA even though there was a few pages there that I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Keep the tissues handy because this story is an emotional roller coaster from start to finish. ( )
  LadyIsis | May 9, 2012 |
For Val Philips, a treasured friend who doesn't like alligator ponds with alligators in them (who would have known?) or terribly alpha males, this one's for you.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515142611, Mass Market Paperback)

It begins as a mission to protect a politician from an assassination threat. But the operation takes an unexpected turn when Mari, a mysteriously beautiful GhostWalker, is taken hostage. At the same time, Ken Norton, expert assassin and himself a GhostWalker warrior, is on a mission of his own—one that reaches into Mari’s own past. No stranger to the ways of violent warfare, Mari must join forces with Ken and trust his every move—each one more intimate than the last.

*Publishers Weekly

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:04 -0400)

A mission to protect a U.S. Senator from an assassination threat "takes an unexpected turn when Mari, a mysteriously beautiful GhostWalker, is taken hostage. At the same time, Ken Norton, expert assasssin and himself a GhostWalker warrior, is on a mission of his own-- one that reaches into Mari's past. ... Mari must join forces with Ken and trust his every move -- each one more intimate than the last."… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,052,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible