Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5) by…

Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5) (edition 2007)

by Christine Feehan

788None11,690 (3.92)11
Member:sidhevicious
Title:Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5)
Authors:Christine Feehan
Info:Jove (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

Deadly Game by Christine Feehan

English (14)  Dutch (1)  All languages (15)
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
I honestly don't like the vampire series she writes but I do enjoy this series occasionally, even if she does undermine the female characters in many ways. Ken Norton has been trained as an assassin and is suffering badly from PTSD. Mari, another one of the ghostwalkers is kidnapped and they're trying to rescue her and deal with the issues they both have, including their budding romance.

Not bad, entertaining stuff, nothing spectacular but a grand read. ( )
  wyvernfriend | May 17, 2013 |
This book was probably the hardest to read so far. Jack Norton was tortured quite a bit before he escaped but his brother Ken was almost dead when they found him. He is so scarred and emotionally damaged that you just want to hold him and make it better. I loved the setup for meeting Marigold "Mari". I also love how the sub-plot advancement and the glimpse of Peter Whitney in person. I also thought that the acknowledgement of both teams suspensions about the man were a very nice touch as well. I will not be sorry to see this man get what he deserves. I also hope that those that are protecting them also get what they so richly deserve. It would never happen in real life but this is fiction and I can hope that the rich and powerful will be punished for all the things that have been done to these people. I was glad to see that Ken and Mari got there HEA even though there was a few pages there that I wasn't sure it was going to happen. Keep the tissues handy because this story is an emotional roller coaster from start to finish. ( )
  LadyIsis | May 9, 2012 |
Sniper Ken Norton has all the symptoms of PTSD, including denial - he's living with memories of a horribly abusive childhood and a present that includes almost constant violence. But hidden behind a mask of scars he gained on his last mission, he doubts his capacity for human feelings of any kind. He exists only to protect his brother and Briony, his brother's wife, and serve his country - but that's about to change.

Mari Smith is a GhostWalker and a soldier. Orphaned early and subsumed into Dr. Peter Whitney's gene project along with a handful of other girls, she's been trained and molded into a psychic soldier. She wants out - but when her last mission goes wrong, suddenly she's head to head with someone stronger, more determined, and more appealing than she's ever known.

While I'm glad that Ken and Mari's story came next, the sex is starting to take over the story. If you're not into pages-long, graphic sex scenes, this probably isn't going to be your cup of tea. Still, I rather liked both characters. Watching Ken deal with Mari's independence is entertaining, as is seeing brother Jack get to be the funny guy for a change. ( )
1 vote SunnySD | Jun 24, 2011 |
Christine Feehan's Deadly Game is book 5 in the Ghostwalker series. Taking up right where she left off in Conspiracy Game, Feehan gives us the story of Jack's twin brother Ken, and Briony's twin sister Mari.

Ken and Jack Norton are Ghostwalkers, an elite super-force of genetically enhanced soldiers. Both brothers are snipers with skills unequaled, sent on the most dangerous missions possible. It is on such a mission, protecting a senator from an assassination squad, that Ken encounters Marigold, Briony's twin sister. He fully intends to take Mari to see Briony for the first time since they were little girls, but first, they must survive the deranged intrigues designed by Dr. Peter Whitney to trap them and use them for his most demented experiments.

The action in Deadly Game is non-stop and as electrifying as the romance blossoming between Ken and Mari. The character development is top-notch, giving the reader insight into Ken and Mari, while also taking a deeper look at Peter Whitney, to see how truly psychotic and twisted he has become.

Unfortunately, Deadly Game did not quite live up to the promise of Jack and Briony's story in Conspiracy Game. Ken is (understandably) a much darker character than his brother, and so his story is considerably more intense. I can't really put my finger on any one thing that made it harder for me to enjoy Deadly Game, but there it is. The story lost a little of the consistency of the previous books, and was just not as solid a read for me.

I'm sure I'll still pick up Predatory Game, book 6 in the series. I'll just hope for a better story next time. ( )
  susanbevans | Oct 11, 2009 |
For Val Philips, a treasured friend who doesn't like alligator ponds with alligators in them (who would have known?) or terribly alpha males, this one's for you.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515142611, Mass Market Paperback)

It begins as a mission to protect a politician from an assassination threat. But the operation takes an unexpected turn when Mari, a mysteriously beautiful GhostWalker, is taken hostage. At the same time, Ken Norton, expert assassin and himself a GhostWalker warrior, is on a mission of his own—one that reaches into Mari’s own past. No stranger to the ways of violent warfare, Mari must join forces with Ken and trust his every move—each one more intimate than the last.

*Publishers Weekly

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:04 -0400)

A mission to protect a U.S. Senator from an assassination threat "takes an unexpected turn when Mari, a mysteriously beautiful GhostWalker, is taken hostage. At the same time, Ken Norton, expert assasssin and himself a GhostWalker warrior, is on a mission of his own-- one that reaches into Mari's past. ... Mari must join forces with Ken and trust his every move -- each one more intimate than the last."… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,475,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible