Obsessive Love: When It Hurts Too Much to…

Obsessive Love: When It Hurts Too Much to Let Go

by Susan Forward

39None289,927 (3.7)None

Saw parts of myself in many of her examples -- not as much in my behavior towards the other person but definitely in my thinking patterns and behavior towards myself. Thought the book was well written and easy to understand. ( )
  austinbarnes | Jan 16, 2009 |
I read this book while doing research for my fourth novel, "Tainted Destiny," and found it very helpful. Many of the stories in the book made it another valuable resource to help me understand what goes on inside the mind of one who is obsessed with another person. ( )
  Cherilnc | Mar 31, 2008 |

Is it impossible to let go — despite the pain?

• Do you yearn for someone who is not physically or emotionally available to you?
• Do you believe that if you love him enough he will have to love you?
• When you feel insecure, does it drive you only to want her more?
• Do you find yourself phoning repeatedly or waiting long hours for the phone to ring?

Do you wish someone would let go of you?

• Does an ex-lover or ex-spouse refuse to believe that it’s over?
• Do you receive unwanted phone calls, letters, presents, or visits?
• Is this pursuit of you creating so much anxiety that it affects your physical or emotional well-being?

In this invaluable self-help guide, Dr. Susan Forward presents vivid case histories as well as the real-life voices of men and women caught in the grip of obsessive passion.

Whether you’re an obsessive lover or the target of such an obsession, here is a proven, step-by-step program that shows you how to recognize the “connection compulsion,” what causes it, and how to break its hold on your life so that you can go on to build healthy, lasting, and pain-free relationships.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:21:48 -0400)

Is it impossible to let go--despite the pain? Do you wish someone would let go of you? The author of Men Who Hate Women and the Women Who Love Them presents vivid case histories of people caught in the grip of obessive passion and explains how they can break these holds and go on to healthier relationships.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,428,792 books! | Top bar: Always visible