The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents America (The Book) Teacher's…

by Jon Stewart

2,241254,889 (4.13)None
For everyone who was too cheap to buy the hardcover, the blockbuster, award-winning #1 New York Times bestseller is now in trade paperback-with a new introduction, fully updated, and with equally unsettling nude photos of the newest Supreme Court justices, and a text corrected by the most reputable college professor we could find/afford.Including:Historical inaccuracies, gross distortions, complete fabrications-corrected by real-life bearded college professor.… (more)

I read this book towards the end of 2003. I do remember liking it, and now that I look back, I still think it is a lot better than Colbert's book, which I reviewed here as well. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
Just so much fun and so smart. ( )
  Elpaca | Oct 9, 2013 |
Quirky and entertaining. I loved the beginning. ( )
  LaPhenix | Aug 25, 2013 |
I'm not sure how much the "teacher's edition" adds, but it's a cute idea--they got some history professor to make comments in red ink in the margins. ( )
  JenneB | Apr 2, 2013 |
I can't imagine recommending this to anyone. George Washington suffered from syphilis? This is a pure myth. Of course, Stewart also tells his listeners that George really did chop down the cherry tree.

So, IF, you already know your American History, this can be a humorous book. But if you are using it to cram for an exam tomorrow...well, beware that it is largely tongue-in-cheek. ( )
  kaulsu | Mar 29, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,435,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible