Sinister [Anthology 3-in-1] by Lisa Jackson

Sinister [Anthology 3-in-1] (2013)

by Lisa Jackson, Nancy Bush, Rosalind Noonan

I received a free copy through Goodreads.
---
I would give it 2 stars.

I didn't know what to expect, especially with 3 authors collaborating in writing this book. Parts of it was good, parts of it was rushed and forgettable.

There was way too many characters introduced right away (I know the Dillinger family is extensive but come on), most of the characters are very one dimensional, the climax was very anti-climatic (really? I was hoping for something a lot more....like a shoot out or something dramatic) and most of the secrets/rumors were very clich̩d (you know, so and so hooked up which may have resulted in a feud/fire, blah blah blah).

I am all for happy endings, but the ending to me was a snooze fest.

I have to admit, reading the thrills and thoughts of the killer got me shivering and chilled. However, to be honest the killer (aside from his cruel methods) really isn't that outstanding or impressionable once the story isn't narrated by him. Plus his reasoning for revenge was like whatever, not worthwhile to have carried the grudge for so long...then again someone else has been holding onto a grudge for a lot longer.

Overall, it's an OK read. ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |
Each of the authors take it in turns to write a romance with the thread of a serial killer investigation running through it. By the end it felt a bit forced, you knew who the couples were going to be and it seemed to be getting in the way of the investigation.

Not a bad read but nothing spectacular. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 2, 2015 |
As always these sisters have knocked another great book out! I have loved every book I have read by Lisa, Nancy or Rosalind. SO when I seen this one written by all three of them I just had to read it.

The story grabs you from the first page. The cover says scariest book of the year, well I'm not sure about that. It was creepy tho. I look forward to reading more from these very talented ladies! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Jan 25, 2015 |

Jackson, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bush, Nancymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Noonan, Rosalindmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Huber, HillaryReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
PART ONE - A Killer's Patience

God, it was cold.
PART TWO - Will Be Rewarded

Ricki Dillinger squinted down at the dead woman, her gaze following the line of skin that had been stripped from around her neck, exposing muscle and cartilage down over her shoulder and chest.
PART THREE - In Blood

Delilah tiptoed out of the bedroom, taking a last look at Brook's sleeping form.
Stories in collaborative novel:

A Killer's Patience
Will Be Rewarded
In Blood

Twenty years ago, a fire ravaged the Dillinger family's old homestead, killing Judd Dillinger and crippling his girlfriend. Most people blamed a serial arsonist who'd been around town. But strange things are happening in Prairie Creek, Wyoming, again. Ira Dillinger, the family's wealthy patriarch, has summoned his children home for his upcoming wedding. Eldest son, Colton, and his siblings don't approve of their father's gold-digging bride-to-be. But someone is making his displeasure felt in terrifying ways, setting fires just like in the past. Only this time, there will be no survivors. As fear and distrust spread through Prairie Creek, soon all the Dillingers, and those closest to them, are targets - and suspects. A killer has been honing his skill, feeding his fury, and waiting for the moment when the Dillingers come home - to die.--Back cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,092,193 books! | Top bar: Always visible