The Berenstain Bears: Inside Outside Upside…

The Berenstain Bears: Inside Outside Upside Down

by Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

I can't even tell you how many times this book has been read over the last four years.
Personally I had never read this book when I was little. I had no interest, but my children would have me read it to them over and over again. It was an easy way to teach my children prepositional phrases and key sight words. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
Inside Outside Upside Down is a 'Bright and Early Book for Beginning Beginners', according to the cover. It's aimed at very early readers--or, probably, children who can't read quite yet--and teaches prepositions: inside, outside, and upside down (and a few others).

The story in this one is extremely simple--it's main purpose is to teach a few words, not to tell a story. Small Bear gets in a box, the box is put on a truck by Papa Bear, the box falls off the truck, and Small Bear exits the box and goes home.

The writing is necessarily simple; some pages contain only a single word. There's lots of repetition (on three pages: "Inside a box", "Upside down", and "Inside a box/Upside down", and eventually "Going to town/On a truck/Outside/Inside a box/Upside down"), which I expect may help even those who cannot yet read to begin to learn the words.

(The remainder of this review is posted on my blog.) ( )
  Sopoforic | Feb 6, 2014 |
A bear explores a carton on a truck and gets carried away. By the time he has returned, the reader will be exposed to the concepts of "inside, outside, upside down." Another great preschool book i would use to teach children direction. ( )
  kostonkarr | Mar 29, 2013 |
This book uses pictures to help the reader intuit what they should be reading on the page so they can figure out the words even easier.
  marlasheffel | Feb 20, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Nov 29, 2011 |

Stan Berenstainprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berenstain, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Illus. in full color. A bear explores a carton on a truck and gets carried away. By the time he has returned, the reader will be exposed to the concepts of "inside, outside, upside down."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:58 -0400)

The bears go through the opposites of inside, outside, upside down. On board pages.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,822,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible