Untouched by Robert J. Crane

Spoiler Alert! What I really enjoyed about Untouched was the message it sends, about not caring too much about the bad things that happen to one in life, but more about where we go and what we do going forward, how we can make things better using the God given tools we're provided, not regretting that everything isn't exactly as we would have liked. For Sienna, not knowing where her mother is or who she can trust, confrontations with even more dangerous enemies...all make her frequent attitude problems somewhat forgivable.(even though I wanted to shake her sometimes,saying " Not everything is about you.") While Sienna is still a bit too full of teenage angst, she's learning to not pity herself and to fight against that feeling, even if it seems that the entire world's against her and that the foundation of her life keeps shifting.(But she is only 17 and I love her character). In this book, Sienna learns that things won't get better by themselves, and that she's the only one who can make things better... and more importantly,that she really isn't alone... She has Zack and she has others who care about her.

I really enjoy Robert Crane's writing style and the snapish wit that he attributes to his main character Sienna. She can be a bit mean, but there are times when I can't help laughing to myself because the character on the receiving end deserves it. And then there are times they don't, and it frustrates me that she has no seeming ability to curb her tongue.
The story is very action packed... almost too much action at times. The Poor girl keeps getting beaten, burned and she can't catch a break. (Luckily, she heals quickly from her injuries each time.)

I really enjoyed the direction Robert Crane took the story in this book. Lots of intrigue, a bit of romance with Zack, heaps of X-Men like superpowers and meeting her aunt.... I love it.

Jack Murphy ( )
  urph818 | Mar 9, 2016 |
While I was reading this it felt at lot like X-Men. Also, what was her obsession with not seeing the sun! Overall, good fun read, not my favourite and it could use some touching up, but I liked it. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |

Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges – Aleksandr Gavrikov, a metahuman so powerful, he could destroy entire cities – and he's focused on bringing the Directorate to its knees.

"Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges"--Page 4 of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,833,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible