Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy) by Blake…

Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy) (edition 2013)

by Blake Crouch (Author)

Member:ianlewisfiction
Title:Wayward (The Wayward Pines Trilogy)
Authors:Blake Crouch (Author)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2013), 322 pages

Wayward by Blake Crouch

Book 2 of the Wayward Pines series answers the questions about how the town came about and why they can't leave. Ethan Burke, FBI agent, takes the role of the town sheriff and resumes his family life in Wayward Pines with his wife and son. Being under close surveillance is hard for Ethan, however, as he is determined to get all of his questions answered and change life in the town forever. His good intentions, however, lead to unexpected consequences, wrecking chaos on their peaceful town.

A solid and thrilling continuation of the series, leading into the third novel. A great, exciting read. ( )
  voracious | Mar 27, 2017 |
The first thing I notice about this book as compared to the first in the trilogy is that this one doesn't move as fast or really grip you with the same sort of urgency as the majority of the first book did. However, it does absolutely deliver with suspense. It answers many of the questions still left over from the first book, as well as doing a good job answering the questions brought up by this book itself and still manages to leave you wanting more. And once things finally do get going here, they don't stop for a second and it really makes up for the slow parts in the plot. It is definitely worth the read. The slow parts still caused me to dock a star, though, just due to the number of them and the strange way the characters having sexual thoughts were brought up and written was a little jarring. Not that they had them, but just when they had them and how the thoughts were described. It was just...weird and at times strangely inappropriate even for those types of thoughts. The sex scenes suffered from something similar. But, someone else reading it may not see those moments the same way as I do, so please don't let that put you off. This book is definitely worth the read, and if you haven't read the first one yet definitely read that first. ( )
  madam_razz | Jan 19, 2017 |
How do you deal with perfection? Is there such a thing? To what lengths would you go to cultivate and preserve it? The second in the Wayward Pines trilogy diverges from the television series. If you enjoyed the writing and story line of the first book, you'll enjoy the second. The twists multiply in this book. ( )
  Sovranty | Nov 30, 2016 |
I like this story line a tad better than the tv series. I'm looking forward to reading how this trilogy ends. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
Welcome to Wayward Pines Hi fellow Booklikers! I hope everyone has been doing great! We are still on vacation and having a great time so I'm going to make this short and sweet....This is the second book in the series and I thought it was a solid follow-up. It was almost as good as the first which was pleasantly surprising because the first was excellent. Also, I was not expecting the ending to play out the way that it did. Big things happened-lots of surprises and twists! I wish now that I'd brought the third book with me.  ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
BLOODY DISGUSTING bloody-disgusting.com
[BEST & WORST '13] Top 10 Horror Novels of the Year!

1. Wayward, by Blake Crouch
(September 17; Thomas & Mercer)

Book two of the best horror/sci-fi series you haven’t been reading. Blake Crouch’s brilliantly paced, meticulously plotted novels––about the mysterious developments in ‘Wayward Pines‘, an isolated, heavily surveilled mountain town–– deserve a much wider audience. With M. Night Shyamalan’s Fox mini-series arriving in 2014, Crouch and ‘Wayward Pines’are about to hit the big time.

Welcome to Wayward Pines, population 461. The town is a modern-day Eden... except for the electrified fence and razor wire, snipers scoping everything 24/7, and the relentless surveillance tracking each word and gesture. Ethan Burke has seen the world beyond. He's sheriff, and one of the few who knows the truth-- Wayward Pines isn't just a town. And what lies on the other side of the fence is a nightmare beyond anyone's imagining....… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,165,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible