Silent Assassin (Dan Morgan) by Leo J.…

Silent Assassin (Dan Morgan) (edition 2013)

by Leo J. Maloney

1021,344,982 (4.33)None
Member:readerbynight
Title:Silent Assassin (Dan Morgan)
Authors:Leo J. Maloney
Info:A Mass Paper (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Rating:*****
Tags:action, biochemical-weapon, conspiracy, covert, security, spies, technology, terrorism

Silent Assassin by Leo J. Maloney

Who or what is the silent assassin? You may begin to wonder as you get into this book. Maybe a unique unit of non-identities who miraculously come back alive...most of the time. Maybe the good one, maybe the bad one, maybe a conspiracy. Seat of the pants innovative methods of attack and rescue are consistently used or developed in this high, above top security, group of individuals as slick as a single entity. Country-jumping...or maybe not since they rarely have any idea where they are going, nor often where they are when they get there.

I was drawn in very quickly. The writing was great and kept me on my toes. If I stopped to backtrack to check something out I invariably got left behind in the action from which I had come. Such are the heroes and heroines and yes, often assassins who keep the country safe, the world on track, and on whose quick actions and snap decisions the reader can count on...if you can keep up. 'Cobra' is well-named.

If you like a book you won't want to put down, this is it! Spies in covert operations, cloak and dagger is only a cliche; innocent businesses that may or may not house something very dark and very deep, non-traditional inventions, technology breaking the limits of invention. CIA and FBI forget it, some groups have far surpassed their capabilities and with the hand-picked staff, tightly kept secrets, covert operators, and rife with tension this group kept me going full blast! Leo J. Maloney is an author to take the breath away. ( )
  readerbynight | Jan 6, 2014 |
Silent Assassin by Leo J. Maloney is fantastic! This story does not disappoint. I did not read the first “Dan Morgan Thriller” but it did not affect my understanding or enjoying this story. Maloney’s writing is fast paced and inviting. The action unravels right before your eyes.
It would be interesting to know how much of Mr. Maloney’s real-life experiences were used in the writing of Morgan’s own adventures. There are bullets flying, bombs going off. Morgan is very James Bond meets Bourne Identity but the story has many smart and action packed scenes. I also like his humor. I liked Morgan’s motto: trust, but verify.
The story moves throughout all parts of the world and it’s very exciting. Nikolai Novokoff is the perfect villain. The whole idea of a “killer” fungus was interesting and not the least bit lame, I thought it was very original and creative.
Diana Bloch was a great female contrast to Morgan’s alpha- male-CIA character. I definitely plan on putting “Termination Orders” on my to-read list. This was my first spy-thriller and I really enjoyed. I would definitely re-read this book AND recommend it. ( )
  dianasilva | Oct 7, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0786029919, Mass Market Paperback)

"Silent Assassin has everything a thriller reader wants." --Ben Coes, national bestselling author of The Last Refuge

"A terrifyingly thrilling story." -- Michele McPhee, author of A Mob Story

In this electrifying novel of relentless suspense, Black Ops veteran Leo J. Maloney unleashes an unthinkable conspiracy from the deepest corridors of power…

Silent Assassin

Code named Cobra, former CIA agent Dan Morgan is pulled in when every other option has failed. His mission: find Nikolai Novokoff, a ruthless KGB officer turned international arms dealer. Locate the weapons of mass destruction that the rogue terrorist is threatening to unleash on the world. And terminate with extreme prejudice. . .

In the world of clandestine ops, where the line between friends and enemies is constantly shifting, especially in the halls of Washington, Morgan must survive a merciless maze of deceit--and risk everything--to stop a madman.

Praise for Termination Orders

"This kind of authenticity can only come from an insider." --John Gilstrap

"Leo J. Maloney is a real-life Jason Bourne."--Josh Zwylen, Wicked Local Stoneham

"A must-read thriller of torture, assassination, and double agents, where nothing is as it seems." --Jon Renaud, author of Dereliction of Duty

"A high-powered thriller…tense and terrifying!" --Hank Phillippi Ryan

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:51 -0400)

Former CIA Black Ops agent Dan Morgan is brought out of retirement to hunt down ruthless former KGB arms dealer Nikolai Novokoff before he unleashes weapons of mass destruction on the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,300,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible