Pomegranates & Pine Nuts: A stunning collection of Lebanese, Moroccan and…

by Bethany Kehdy

Bethany Kehdy is renowned for the contemporary Middle Eastern and North African recipes that she publishes on her blog (dirtykitchensecrets.com). Born in Houston, Texas to an American mother and a Lebanese father, Bethany grew up in Lebanon during the country's most volatile civil war years. During her childhood, she spent countless hours learning to cook with her perfectionist teta (grandmother), her vivacious dad and her spirited aunts. Her recipes are a harmonious balance of classic and contemporary, as she draws upon her ethnic roots while adding her own personal twist --… (more)

Beautiful photos are interspersed with easy to understand Lebanese, Moroccan and Persian recipes. Recipes cover appetizers to desserts and there's a section on standard foods and spices that are often called for in other recipes.

(Provided by publisher) ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
'Garlic, lemons and fresh herbs...pomegranate molasses, citrus fruits...yogurt.' Bliss!

'Eat and you shall forget your worries,' a quote from Kehdy's uncle. Certainly her family influences have been extensive. Kehdy's introduction brings alive the sights and smells of the Beirut of her childhood.
Her background explanation of Middle Eastern foods illuminates the path to these culinary delights.
Pomegranate molasses is obviously a key ingredient to keep on your shelf. As is sumac.
As with any cook book there are recipes you might try and leave. Then there are others that join your staple collection to be used and reused.
Whipped humus with lamb, two of my favourite foods, add the pomegranates and I'm in seventh heaven
Corn of the cob with saffron infused butter great for corn in season served with a little difference and a whole lot of flair!
Zucchini and sumac fritters. Wow, I love sumac and now here's a new recipe to use with those zucchini that seem to never stop growing. I'm always finding one that got away and grew into a giant despite my determination to harvest them small.
Spiced lamb flatbread pizza's, Yum!
Not all the recipes are for me but there's certainly enough to make this book a worthy addition to my cookery book shelves.

A NetGalley ARC ( )
  eyes.2c | Oct 5, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,678,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible